Chapter 3: And, The Familiarity of Another

It's His World: And, The Familiarity of Another

There were times where Ryoma would spontaneously walk down isolated streets, sit under random trees, or simply stand in seemingly unrelated places and stare at the sky.

Each time, he would place his hand on his heart and wonder why it all felt so familiar.

Especially when it was a familiarity, he knew, was not his own.

It was as if someone else was whispering into his ear and telling him, you've been here before.

It was as if someone was pulling him along and telling him, this was one of your favorite places.

It was as if a complete stranger was smirking at his face and telling him, I know you better than you know yourself.

Ryoma hated those days the most.

o-o-o-o

It was a calm sort of silence. The type a person would yearn for when reading a good book, when sorting their thoughts after a long stressful day, when with a friend or partner where just being together would make the day perfect.

Ryoma laid in bed, his body stretched out and arms behind his head. His eyes were in a daze and his thoughts scattered.

His hand moved out from under his head and landed on his chest, sliding slowly down to his stomach.

It was a dreadful feeling. He realized, musing on the unease he had felt for the last week and had yet to be relieved of. It was the feeling his gut gave off when something inevitable was about to happen. Whether it was something of interest, or something of dislike, it didn't matter. He wouldn't be able to escape. He wouldn't be able to run. Irregardless of his actions, it was going to happen anyway. That's what his gut was telling him.

He sighed.

"I'm hungry."

He closed his eyes and allowed himself to slip into his usual dreamless sleep.

o-o-o-o

The faint sound of knocking was what woke him up. His eyes glanced over towards the clock, seven p.m., and briefly traveled towards the window, taking in the darkness of the sky and the nearby street lamps.

The calm silence from before had now been replaced by a tensioned sort of peace that only times of the night were able to create.

Sitting up in bed, he placed his hand on his stomach, feeling sick at the same dread and the growing hunger. A distant knocking reminded him of why he woke up in the first place. He had a good idea on who it was and knew he didn't need to hurry. He groggily stood up, moving slowly to allow his limbs to wake.

Passing though the living room, he arrived at the front entrance just in time to hear the loud knocks start up again. Cutting it off before they could proceed further, he opened the door and looked up to find the source of the noise. 

A fond smile pulled at his lips.

"Ryoga-nii."

-------

A/N: This chapter is incomplete. This was written in February, and I had all intention of finishing it. But, as you can see, I have yet to. Therefore, I am posting this part of the story now and will add a part two soon (and I really do mean it this time). :'D