Chapter 2: And, Destiny Begins to Move

It's His World:  And, Destiny Begins to Move

"Ryoma..." An ill, pale hand reached and placed its self gingerly on the silver unkempt hair. It weakly moved side to side, giving the hair a strained ruffle.

"Yes, Gi-san?" A silky, smooth yet adolescent voice answered in reply. His small, calloused hands reached over and gently removed the hands from his hair, instead taking them into his own. He held them tightly but not enough to cause pain, only enough to give comfort.

Wavering eyes adorning an old and wrinkled face gazed into the young boy's unnatural silver eyes.

"Don't forget..."

Silver eyes snapped open briefly when a whistle sounded off near him. The source of the sound being a tennis game that was about to begin. The tennis court lied majestically across from the tree he was napping at. The pristine green of the court taunted him, pushing his nerves to the point of wanting to give in. Give in to the need to play.

The silver eyed boy sighed softly to himself, bringing his grey and black leather beanie down to cover part of his eyes.

"Don't forget..."

He pulled the beanie slight upward and leaned forward into a sitting position. His unnatural eyes gazed longingly at the court once more.

"As if I could..." He whispered softly to himself.

o-o-o-o

"Haa... Haa..."

An older lady, with a youthful aura practically bursting from her, ran and breathed audibly as she tried to reach the appointed area on time.

"Ahh, I can't believe I'm running half an hour late..." Her tuscan red hair tied tightly in a ponytail swayed back and forth elegantly behind her as she sped quickly through the station. Her destination was the north gateway, where the 'xxxx Tennis Courts' resided.

There was almost a visible pep in each step she took when she gradually came closer to the courts. The melodic sound of tennis balls bouncing back and forth filled her hearing sense.

Her coffee brown eyes glance each and every way, trying to take in as much as they could.

"It seems that I made it on time, most of the games are still in play." She proclaimed to herself. A proud smile began to grow on her lips.

"They may be novices, but there is potential in every one of these players."

She began to trek forward, enjoying the sights she saw.

"Now, let's see if we can scout some people in." Her eyes lit up with hope and determination.

o-o-o-o

Meanwhile on the other side of the courts, the silver eyed boy observed each game with mild interest. His hands were itching to grab his favorite, red racket and challenge somebody. However, he knew he couldn't. As least not yet.

He moved his gaze from the amateur game in front of him and shuffled towards a Ponta machine.

With his each step, he passed by fellow onlookers. Most of them were lined up along the cage fences, their eyes on the games as they made quiet conversations. Without needing nor meaning to eavesdrop, he tuned in and out, periodically slowing his steps with the more interesting exchange of words.

Stopping in front of a ponta machine, he pulled out the necessary change with his left hand, and his right habitually moved to linger above the grape soda option. He waited patiently for the satisfying clack of the can hitting the base at the bottom of the machine before reaching in to grab his drink.