Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I saw the light flicker from her eyes. Her beautiful blue eyes were now dull and grey. I had failed her for the last time. She was gone. I had never told her how I really felt. I would never be able to master this power without her. She had lived just like her parents, live defeating HIM or die trying. Then he turned to me.

“So your Lila’s little boyfriend?” He said with an evil laugh. “Well this should be quite fun.”

“I am not her boyfriend. I was her best friend. And guess what she told me about you?” I retorted

“Oh yea and what was that. How I killed her parents? Or was it how I took her brother and her family so that she was weaker so that I could get her?”

“Oh no but now I know how you work. Thanks. She told me that if you were to kill her then all her power get transferred to her best friend. Then if you were to kill me it would go to my best friend.” I said with an evil grin.

“Oh well that is good news.” Then he shot a ball of lightning at me while his men charged me from each side. I felt pain in my leg where Lila was. She had stabbed a blade into me. No!!!!!!!

I woke up sweat covering my body. I got up and turned on the light. Looking at my phone I realized it was only 4:30 am. Dang it. I tried to be really quiet so I wouldn’t wake Lila. I walked down to the kitchen to get something to eat. The kitchen was cute. It had stainless steel appliances and baby blue walls. The one window in the room was facing the beach. I decided to go through the back door outside to the back porch.  I was pulling open  the glass door when I heard Lila clear her throat.

“where do you think you are going?” She said with a serious look on her face.

“I was going on a walk so I would not wake you.” I said guiltily.

She looked at me through her eyelashes and I saw a glint of laughter  in her blue eyes.

“and why would you not wake me up?” Her motherly tone was kinda scaring me.

“Ok. Miss would you like to go on a walk with me?” I asked.

“I would be honored.” She skipped over and took my side.

We stepped out onto the sand. I looked down at Lila. Her red hair flowing down her back as she was staring across the ocean.

*Lila POV*

I looked down at my neck. The purple stone that my mother had given me was no glowing the color of Jimmy’s eyes. Man I missed him so much. As I touched it memories of my childhood flowed into my mind.

“Jimmy stop pulling my hair!”

“Oh come on Lil. Make me!”

I thought on making him let go of my hair.

“Owww! Lila what the heck was that for?” He yelled yanking his hand away and sucking on it.

“What was what for Jimmy?” I looked up at him with puppy dog eyes.

“Never mind. Come on lets go inside and get some cookies.” He said picking me up and going inside.

I looked back at the stone. I could see that memory from my mother’s point of view. Maybe this had some way of showing her memories. Come to think of it my dad always had one but it was blue like my eyes. Oh gosh we need to get back to my other house. I stood up.

“Chase we need to go get something from my house.”

He laughed. “Well then just go back to the house.”