Rampage

IM SORRY THAT IT'S BEEN WAY OVER A MONTH!! GAAAH I HATE HIGHSCHOOL :(

REGARDLESS....ITS NO EXCUSE!! ILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE REGULARLY BUT I REALLY CANNOT MAKE ANY PROMISES AT THIS POINT IN THE YEAR!! I APPRECIATE ALL THE READS! VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW/FAVORITE/ADD TO READING LIST ETC. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. ^^^THERES A JON COZART VIDEO ABOVE TO HOPEFULLY PUT A SMILE ON EVERYONE'S FACE!!! :) (Disclaimer: I don't own any of the above video. All rights are to Jon cozart (YouTube channel "Paint"))

Draco

A blast of wind pushed itself forcefully against Draco's face, tousling his hair. No amount of homework or anxiety could rival the rush he got when flying. He left his problems behind and nothing and no one could touch him. A tug in his chest pulled him back to reality. He felt surprise, then happiness.

Those damn Gryffindors. At least she's happy. Realizing that Hermione was safe was the farthest thing from Draco's mind and he chastised himself for his mental lapse. Rolling his eyes, he remembered that she was at a late night study group, and he should be worried about protecting everyone else from her instead. It was common knowledge that Hermione was the only one in the year that had finished the parchment she planned on comparing with their classmates.

Laughing, Draco swooped downwards, nearing the black, glassy surface of the lake. He let the tips of his fingers drag lightly, rippling the water. His pale face stared back at him, distorted. He hoped to one day bring Hermione up into the air with him. It was, after all, the thing that brought him the most joy, second only to her.

He realized that he hadn't seen Hermione on a broom since their first year. She must be scared, he thought absently. He doubted that thought as soon as it came to mind, but then he realized that it had some validity. Well that's just one thing that she's going to have to overcome. Smiling to himself, he swooped lower and lower, moving closer to the castle.

............

............

Walking back to their dorm, Hermione nervously darted her head around every bend that they came to. She had clearly been alarmed by what they had overheard in the library. Draco could understand her agitation. After years constantly being on alert for Voldemort, Hermione was used to the feeling of being on edge, and preparing to fight. After all, if it hadn't been for her planning in the previous years, Harry and Ron would have had one hell of a time staying alive.

Draco would never admit it to her, but he was unnerved as well. Thoughts of the people who had made his childhood a living hell come back from the dead were not pleasant. Every thought of the death eaters brought a sharp twitch to his left forearm. Just another reminder of what he had now.

Hermione stuck her head around another corner. They were moving too slow for Draco's liking.

"Love, I know that you're concerned. I get it. But can we walk a little bit faster? If anyone tries to hurt you, trust me, my veela is more than capable of protecting you. But I would love to reach the common room before tonight." Draco smiled at Hermione when he saw the gears turning in her head.

"I suppose you're right. Can we hurry then?"

"Of course. Onward we go." Draco felt a sense of safety and contentedness emanate from his mate.

"Whoooa!" Hermione shrieked in delight as Draco's arms encircled her and picked her up bridal style. "What's the occasion?"

"I just want to get back to our dorm! We've had classes all day and I'm exhausted, and hoping we would sleep together finally. Plus I love being this close to you." Draco sped up his walking and was stunned at his own sappiness. Hermione was shocked too. But for a completely different reason.