Adopted by Zerrie

"AHH" I heard a loud scream from down the hallway from my room in Carols All Girl orphanage in Paris.

I ran to the room I heard the loud scream come from, Chloe. She was one of the youngest girls in the orphanage. She got here a few months ago. She was very social, but scared a lot of the time. She looked up to me, loved me, and I loved her.

"Tessa! Tessa!" I hear her scream and sob before I burst into her room.

I run to her bed and cradle her in my arms. "Shh its okay."

"It was just a dream" I coo.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, kissing the top of her head.

"N-n-oo" She sobs.

"Its okay, wanna talk about it?" I ask the small 4 year old.

"I-"

"Did I hear screaming in hear?" Ms. Carol asked us running to the bed.

"Yes, Chlo had a nightmare." I replied.

"Awh Chloe, its okay sweetheart. Its okay. Tomorrow is Friday! You know what that means? Adoption day! Satturday and Sunday too!" She  tries comforting Chloe.

"Okay, can-can- Tessa stay wif me?" She asked sweetly.

Carol looked at me for approval. I nodded.

"Yes she can." Carol smiles.

"Goodnight my lovelies." Carol kisses our forhead and walks out of the room.

"Sing to me?" She pleas. She loves my voice.

I started singing Little Things by One Direction, then Wings by Little mix.

She fell asleep with a big smile on her face. I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I had to move so when I have my nightmares, she wont wake up. I walked to my room.

I wokek up from loud shouts. My mom and dadddy were fighting again.

I walked down the steps quietly. I skipped the broken step that made creeks when you walk on it.

I peeked through the small hole of the staircase. I saw 3 men surrounded by mommy on the couch. Daddy was standing in the doorway. Laughing! Laughing?

I ran down the stairs to stop the bad men. I got a closer look. They were tering mommys clothes off.

"STOP! sTOP IT! LEAVE HER ALONE!"  i yell

"Get outta hear Tessa!" My dad yelled.

"Hunny go upstairs I love you!" My mommy yelled.

"NOO!" I scream as dad shoots mom and the men leave.

He then points the gun at me.

"Good-bye." He says as he pulls the trigger.

I wake up crying and panting and sweating. Another nightmare.

  sigh and check my phone that Carol bought me for my birthday. It wasnt much, just a small touchscreen, not a smart phone. 4 25 AM. I couldnt get back to bed so I headed to the locker rooms to shower so its not crowded. Im 16 and I guess, Im pretty? I dont know, noone has called me that except for Carol who calls me beautiful everyday.

I get out and get dressed. I dont have alot, just some jeans, shirts, shorts, sweats. Thats really all I have for clothing. I go downstairs to get something to eat and wait till 7 when adoptions start.

Adoptions have started. No one has looked at me. Chloe is getting looked at right now to be adopted. She seems scared.

Perries P.O.V.