Ruining the Night PT2

Chase's POV

Nina has been out there with her father for a while now and I can't help, but get worried about her. I stood with Clinton and L waiting impatiently for her return

"God, you're like a puppy waiting for it's owner", my brother grunted and I rolled my eyes

"Like you've never done that when I leave you", L teased and he glared at her "Nina's coming, let's give these two some privacy". I looked around and saw my beautiful girlfriend. Her head hung kind of low and she looked distracted

"Nina", I called, she looked up with a blank face "you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm-"

"Chase! My baby boy!", someone yelled happily and we looked seeing my grandmother "happy birthday dear!".

Nina's POV

She was pretty, shorter than me. Her hair was whitish blonde, eyes light blue, and crows feet around her eyes. She held a smile, but it lowered once her eyes met me

"Jewel?", Rachel said walking towards us, my eyes widened. This is the first time I saw Rachel without a smile and it worried me

"Hello Rachel", Jewel greeted with a distasteful tone and glared at her "I think you forgot to send me an invitation"

"Oh dear...", she paused for a moment as if to think "I believe that's because I didn't invite you"

"Rachel, honey", Calvin whispered wrapping an arm around her waist "hello mother"

"Calvin", Jewel plainly looking at her son with a blank stare, glared at Rachel then looked back to Chase and I. Chase's parents and Jewel obviously dislike each other, explains why I never heard of her and why they didn't invite her to Chase's party. She had a little southern accent to her voice, she was a southern gal for sure. Chase wrapped his arms around my waist as if to protect me?

"Thank you for coming gram", Chase spoke softly but there was frustration somewhere in there

"No problem dear but.....", she paused and looked at me "where is Parish?"

"We aren't together gram, we never were", Chase sighed and gave me a apologetic look "this is my girlfriend, Nina"

"Is that so?"

"Oh fuck! Who told the old hag about the party?", Clinton hissed and my eyes widened- he just insulted his grandmother? "Why are you here?"

"So much disrespect! I don't deserve this!", Jewel growled and glared at Rachel "you did this! My son's life was just fine until you came along. My son would've married Glenda and not the sleazy waitress!"

"I had to work because you disowned your own son when I was pregnant with Chase", Rachel explained and I felt Chase tense "you've always blamed me instead of excepting the fact that Calvin choose me!"

"I blame you for corrupting my boys", Jewel argued pointing at Rachel then at L and I "she looks like she studies satanism and this one looks like it's been in the circus- I can't believe you let him date a NIGGER!". My heart stopped, Chase's arms tightened around me. This was a different situation. I could handle Parish say that word, because she was a totally thot that I didn't care about. This was Chase's grandmother- his family and this is what she thought of me? She doesn't even know me!

The party was quiet now and all eyes were on us. This is awkward... Rachel glared at Jewel so hard that I thought her eyes would pop out. She didn't move one inch for a second then walked up to Jewel and smacked her. Jewel held her face in surprise and gasped

"How dare you disrespect them! You don't know a single thing about them! They haven't done anything to you and you insult them? You disgust me Jewel!", Rachel yelled turning red and I looked astonishment "this is exactly why I didn't invite you to anything! You always ruin our family events with you insults, accusations, and complains of how I corrupted my children. I raised my children to love all people! Not just a certain race, you racist bitch. Who my sons date is none of your concern! These are the most lovely put together young women that I have ever met.... You need to go or I'll do something that I'll might regret". Wow... Really didn't expect that....

"Chase?", Jewel cried to her grandson and he glared at her

"Go home gram, come back when you learn how to respect our decisions", he replied in a disappointed tone and rubbed my back softly "Nina's not going anywhere, so get used to it". She looked at him shocked then turned to her son, who shook his head. She covered her face with her hands and pushed her way through the guests to leave

"Well that was eventful", Clinton commented in the silence and Chase looked down at me

"You okay Nina?", he asked me and I sighed "I'll take as a no... Want to get out of here?"

"Wh- what about your party?", I spoke lowly and he smiles

"To be honest? I just want to be with you", he answered and pressed a kiss to my forehead then he looked to his mom "can we end this please?"

"PJ party and marathons at home?", she questioned and I smiled

"Sounds good to me!", L groaned and Clinton chuckled

"I'm in", I added nodding and Rachel smiled

"Alright everyone! Come and get some cake then the thank you gifts!", she yelled to our guests and they murmured quietly "sorry, but this party has been cut short!"

°°-°°-°°-°°-°°-°°-°°-°°-°°

"You sure you okay?", Chase asked when we were back at his place, in the kitchen gathering snacks "I'm sorry about my grandmother she's been in the south all her life and is very religious....."

"I'm okay, just a bit overwhelmed", I replied with a short laugh, he took my hand and kissed it "she's always been like that?"

"Always", Clinton sighed leaving against the wall "always been a bitch. Don't let her words effect you"

"I've been called worse than what she says", L chuckled and Clinton's jaw clenched "it was in the past babe, not reason to go all caveman on me"

"Come on you guys! First movie is ready!", Rachel said coming in with her animal pjs and I smiled- she was back to her regular self, good....

"Don't listen to what other people say Nina", Chase whispered hugging me from behind "you're beautiful and perfect to me". What am I gonna do this gorgeous man? He gonna be the death of one day...