Chapter 3:

Nina's POV

The next day during lunch, Chase, L and I were in the music room. We set our schedule together and began to play

"Wait I need to use the bathroom!", I said getting my bag

"And you need your bag?", L asked and I glared at her

"Oh, lady business". I lied with a nodded and went into the small bathroom that was in the classroom. I unwrapped my bandages and put on my gloves. They were black and only the very tip of my fingers were showing. I only used these gloves to play the violin. I got out the bathroom, placed my bag down and picked up my violin

"You need gloves to play?", Chase asked and my heart skipped a beat- why did you have to ask that?! "Nevermind, none of my business"

"Let's get started", L said sitting and grabbing the cello. I placed the violin between my neck and chin- I haven't played in a while

"You can do this!", May cheered with Tate sitting beside her "team ghost!". I chuckled and looked at the music, I had no problem reading music. The violins were the first to start, so I did. The bow moved across the strings peacefully and a smile reached my face- I love this! I remember playing at my first show back in New Orleans. My mother was the loudest parent cheering me on, I would hold in my laugh with playing.

I missed my mother. I remember making breakfast while she sang jazz and blues songs. She had the most beautiful voice. Sometimes I would play her favorite songs as she sang all the lyrics. I remember her last words to me that night

"Your special baby and don't let anyone tell you different, you do right by yo daddy and keep practicing on that violin"

"I love you Smiley". I smiled at my nickname she gave. She said when I was a baby, I did nothing, but smile and they called me Smiley. A few years after mama died, my dad stopped calling me it. Besides playing my violin, I had nothing to remember my mama by. Since we've moved to Pennsylvania, everything has gone down hill.

My father is nothing more than a stranger. We used to talk everyday. Now I'm lucky enough if I even get to say hi to him. His so called 'wife' is spending all his money which makes him work overtime. Nicki and I fight almost everyday because she's noise as fuck. This ain't a family, this is just a house full of strangers. I'm mostly in my room, because I don't want anyone seeing.... Seeing my scars.... Back when I was 15, I had a track meet. We won, I was the golden child. My dad promised he'd be there- he wasn't there. So he he said he'd pick me up ..... And he didn't. I walked home alone, which is a long way.... Then I got kidnapped. I mean, I put up a fight but there were like five dudes holding me. I woke up in a basement along with a few others. I kept hoping that my father or the police would find- so I waited..... They beat me, tortured me, treat me like trash and then..... One of them raped me.... I was disgusted, I wish I was dead. I didn't have hope for my father or the police until..... One day they came.

             ^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^
"Where are the others?", I asked as they carried me out on the gurnee "where are they?"

"You're the only one", the paramedic replied putting me in the ambulance and I started crying

"I- I'm the la-last one?", I cried and he nodded- what?! "How long was I in there?"

"Three months", he said and I started crying even more. After a few days of being in the hospital, the police came

"Nina Porter?", one of them asked and I nodded "we'd like to ask you a few questions, if that's alright"

"Yes of course", I replied wincing as I sat up

"Do you recognize these men?", the office asked holing up photos and I nodded "what happened they day you were kidnapped?"