Chapter 1

ROSE

 I Put My Earphones In My Ear And Pressed Play On My IPod Touch, Wiz Khalifa - The Kid Frankie Started Playing. Music Was the Only Thing That Could Clear My Mind, I Was Going through A lot At Home. I Have My Mothers Crazy Ass Alcoholic Boyfriend Who Tends To Visit My Room At Night, My Mother Is On Drugs, And We Have No Money For The Rent So Were Gonna Be Evicted In 2 Weeks. Life Is Basically Tuff!

A Strong Breeze Flew By.  I Shivered As I Zipped My Coat Up . . . Don't You Just Love This Weather!  -_- It Was 3 Weeks Left In November And It Was Already Cold As Hell. 

 As I Walked Down The Street I Could See A Group Of Dudes On Each Side Of The Sidewalk Gambling. I Turned the Volume on My IPod down Just In case One of Them Said Something and I Had an Excuse to Cut a Nigga.  .  . Yeah Right! I Don't Have Enough Balls to Do That Even Though I Did

Carry a Pocket Knife, I Always Carried It to School since that’s The Only Place I Go Every day. I Had No Friends And I Don't Go Outside So I Wasn't Known Around My Hood Even Though I've Been Living Here All My Life . I Was Just The Girl Who Never Came Outside And I Guess The Dudes Were Attracted To That.   

 I Sighed As I Grew Closer To Crowd It Was More Men Then I Had Thought. 

 "Excuse Me" I Said To The Men Who Were In The Middle Of A Good Game Of ‘Craps’. 

"Yo Let Her By" One The Men Said Who Were Watching Them Play. They Moved There Money and Dice A Side and I Walked Past Them with A Couple of Stares and Licks of the Lips But I Was Successful Well That's What I Thought Until I Heard 

 "Yo Ma Where You Going?" 

I Didn't Turn Around I Just Kept Walking, Pshh! I Am Not His Mother And My Name Isn't 'Ma' It's Rose. 

I Was Use To The Guys Trying To Get At Me I Don't Know Why? I Wasn't Much To Look At . . . Just A Typical Girl From Long Island. I Was 5’9, Red Skin, Long Natural Hair, Medium Sized Boobs, Small Waist, a Little Booty, And Little Hips. You Know!

When I Arrived Home My Mother Was Sprawled Out Face Down Our Old And Beaten Up Couch. There Was A Patch Of Blood On The Carpet But I Ignored It Thinking 'Maybe He Beat Her Ass Again' Along With The Glass Scattered Along The Ground. 

 "I Can't Take This Shit!" I Mumbled 

I Walked Through The Hall And I Could Hear My Moms Boyfriends Voice In My Room As I Approached It. My Door Was Half Open So I Peeked Through It. I Could See Him With A Pair Of My Worn Underwear Sniffing The Shit Out It And A Gun In His Hand. My Eyes Grew Wide When I Seen He Was Hard As A Rock But I Didn't Say Anything. 

"God I'm Coming Home" He Said Holding The Gun To His Head . . .  He Hesitated Before Pulling The Sliver Trigger . . . POW ! I Slightly Jumped Because The Gun Was So Loud. 

His Brains And Blood Splattered All Over My Walls And He Dropped On My Bed. 

 I've Never Experienced Anything like This Ever in My Life, I Have to Get My Mom and Get out Of Here. 

I Ran Into The Living Room And Started Shaking My Mother Violently But She Wasn't Responding. 

 "MOM! WAKE UP! MOM! MO-" I Turned Her Over And There I Seen It! My Mother with a Bullet in Her Head and Her Blood Soaking the Couch. 

 A Small Shriek Came Out Of My Mouth, I Was Speechless, And I Was Shocked . . . Even Though I Eventually Knew He'd Seriously Hurt Her One Day B-But Not This Bad. 

 I Dropped To My Knees Looking At My Mother Lying Lifelessly On The Couch.

She Was Dead . . . And Never Coming Back! 

     -3Weeks Later-

 It's Been 3 Weeks Since All That Shit Happened , I've Been Staying In A Care Home Until My Social Worker Could Not Only Find Some Of My Family But Some Family That Wanted Me . I Felt Bad About The Whole Situation; I Felt Like A Worthless Puppy That Nobody Wanted. 

 My Social Worker Called Me Into Her Office So We Could Talk. Hopefully I Could Get Out Of This Place; As Usual I Didn't Have Any Friends. But It's Cool!

 I Walked Into Her Office And Sat In Front Of Her, She Had A Big Smile Plastered Across Her Face. 

"Guess What" She Said 

 "I-"

  "I Found Some of Your Relatives" She Said Cutting Me Off 

  "And?" I Asked 

  "It’s Your Aunt , Her Name Is Betty Harris She Lives In Brooklyn She Has A Nice Daughter Named Alondra Harris That 18 Years Old , I've Already  Met Up With Them And Inspected Her House ! All You Have To Do Is Move In! Isn't That Great?!!!" She Beamed In Excitement. 

 "I Guess" I Said 

            I Never Knew I Had An Aunt. I've Always Thought My Mother Was the Only Child. My Mother Was Too Sprung Out On Drugs To Tell Me, I Don't Remember Any Of Our Conversations Only Once. I Was 15 When I Tried To Tell Her, Her When Boyfriend Had First Raped Me But She Didn't Believe Me. She Slapped Me And Sent Me To My Room. 

 "Alright Go Pack up Your Things and Meet Me at My Van" She Said 

 I Nodded And Walked Back To My Room, I Packed My Things Up And Met Her At Her Mini Van. 

 I Got In And Prepared To Meet These People, I Didn't Feel Comfortable Calling Them My Family Just Yet. Their Complete Strangers Right Now And I Ain't Friendly . . . I Wonder How Me And My 'Aunts' Daughter Is Gonna Get Along. I Hope She's Nice!