Chapter Eleven

Hi hi hi.(:

I hope you all are having a stupendous evening. Glad you could stop by.

Hope you like this one. I tried making it a little longer since some people *coughSamcoughDakotacough* said that my chapters are too short. -__- It's six pages, but because of all of the dialougue, its actually pretty short.

This chapter is more of a filler leading up to a really good chapter, which is going to be chapter twelve. Stay tuned.(:

Enjoy! :D

xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER ELEVEN

I kissed Hayley on the top of her head and she giggled and gripped onto my leg for dear life.

            The horn outside blasted again and I rolled my eyes. Hayley looked up at me pleadingly.

            “Can I please go? Pretty please?” Her wide, puppy dog eyes seemed to pierce straight into every inch of my soul. I hated to say no, but I would never bring her. She honestly had no idea where I was going, but of course, little Hayley always wanted to go where her big sister was going. It was such an innocent request, that I almost gave in and said yes.

            The horn beeped three consecutively, equally annoying, times.

'           Bryce needed to chill. I was legit only five minutes past the scheduled pick up time. He could wait another minute.

            “Not this time. I’m sorry, Hay. Next time? Maybe.” I smiled, hopefully having convinced her to release her death grip on my leg, which was losing feeling at this point.

            She paused for a moment, deep in thought. With a sudden smile, she let go of my leg.

            “Okidoki. Bye Nikki!” She waved at me as she excitedly skipped down the hallway.

            That was easy.

            I swear. Seven year olds have the attention span of a peanut.

            I grabbed my bag that was perched on the counter, called out goodbye to my mom, and rushed out of the front door. Bryce’s obnoxiously big truck was situated directly in front of my driveway, and I took my sweet ol’ time walking to it. He needed to learn the virtue of patience.

            I could see him through the window, looking at me with annoyance, but also slight amusement. After pulling the door open in one swift movement, I hoisted myself up into the truck and slammed the door shut. I buckled my seatbelt, and stared straight forward, not even acknowledging his presence.

            From the corner of my eye, I could see him look over at me and run a hand through his hair. Bryce laughed.

            “No hello for the best boyfriend in the world?”

            “That’s debatable.” I still looked straight at the window.

            “Ouch,” he winced. “You can’t mean that. What did I do wrong this time?”

I ran through my mind for an answer. I wasn’t really mad at him. I was more annoyed due to the fact that he couldn’t wait two seconds for me before he got all impatient and crap.