A Letter to God { Round 2 Watty Award 2011's Finalist }

To tell you the truth, I am not a Christian, but I believe in God too, only different ones (Kong Hu Zhu). But, I made this short story, because this was what I did when I was a little girl. Of course this one is different, not my real one >.<

I want to show you the letter which was written from an innocent child's point of view.

Btw, when I was looking for the song just now, I found that there is a movie, Letters to God. I was looking at the summary and I guess that's a wonderful movie (I'll try to find the movie too - I bet I will cry when I watch the movie- >.<). I hope you check it out and you can watch the soundtrack that was uploaded here. The lyrics are so beautiful.

Btw, the beautiful cover was made by ThePandaWriter..thanks a bunch! ^^ <3 And the picture was made by Till_The_End... This story is dedicated for both of you ^^ Thanks....

I hope you enjoy the story. Wherever you are, whatever you believe in, we are a family. I love you, guyz :D

******

A Letter To God

By : Caroline Susanto

I sat on the kitchen counter, waiting for Daddy to finish cooking. His cooking was bad – not at all like Mommy’s - but he always tried his best for both of us. So, I always said that it was delicious. He looked so funny when he was confused, trying to make the right food. I didn't want to waste my daddy's effort, so I always ate it happily.

I love him so much.

But waiting for him was so boring, I had nothing to do. Looking at him seriously, suddenly I had an idea. I wanted him to be happy, but I needed some things to make my idea come true.

“Daddy, can I have a paper and a pen?” I asked him sweetly.

“What do you want to do, sweety? Drawing?” He knew I love drawing, but that wasn’t what I wanted to do.

“Secret, Daddy. Can I have them, please?”

“Sure, I will get them for you. Wait a minute, okay? Don’t go anywhere near the stove!” He said that in his father tone. His father tone was used when he wanted to scold me or warn me. I nodded quietly, and he smiled at me. 

He went away for a bit. When he came back, he put the paper and pen on the table. “Here you go. Do you need my help?”

“No. It’s top secret. Go back cooking, Daddy!”

“Yes, princess.” He bowed, and it made me giggle. He was so funny sometimes. Picking up daddy’s pen and the white paper, I decided to write a letter. A letter to God.

*****

Dear God,

My name is Lynne. I am 9 years old. I live on Mahogany Street no. 88. If You reply my letter, please don't send it to the wrong address, God.

I write this letter because I need your help. I know that You have a lot of things to do. But, I hope you could spare your time for me, God. Sorry for bothering You.

First of all, thank you for giving me the best family ever, especially Daddy, my super-hero!

My Daddy is a good man. He is handsome, kind, patient, and not selfish unselfish. (Sorry God, I forgot Mr. Shane (my teacher) said that not selfish = unselfish). Daddy makes sure that I have everything, so it means unselfish right?

But You see, he hides something from me. He always tries to cover up something, uhm . . . I think his sadness, by smiling. That’s a bad thing, right? I want him to be really, really happy. I think he hides his loneliness, God.