Chapter 3 - You

This is a long chapter and has a lot going on. I thought about splitting the chapter in half making it two chapters but then I thought it would take really long.

Enjoy!

- - -

(Noah's P.O.V)

I couldn't take it any more I needed to wake her up. Her screams were piecing throughout the house. I jogged to the lounge and saw Cara thrashing at the air. She was tossing and turning. There were tears smeared on her face. She looked pained. Her back suddenly arched and she let out another scream. I winced at the sound. I kneeled down next to her head and shook her. I wasn't sure if this would make her more afraid. She was really clammy. There was a shine of sweat on her face, neck and arms.

I shook Cara once more and she jerked awake with a gasp. Cara looked startled to see me beside her. I asked her if she was ok but tears came streaming down her face harder.

I did the last this I expected to do. I hugged her. I pulled her tiny frame into my arms and held on tight. She was shuddering during the embrace. I didn't know what to say to her. I just kept quite hoping she would stop crying. I desperately wanted to know why she was crying. Her beautiful face hurt with anger. I started to whisper soothing words in her ear and rock her back and forth. In return she tightened her arms around me like she didn't want me to leave.

We were locked in each other embrace for a while. Cara finally started to calm down and I felt her body relax, I took that as a sigh; she needed to go to bed. I checked the clock and it was ten. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room. I set her down on the bed and kissed her forehead then I walked out.

I padded down the stairs and sat on the couch. I stared and the floor for a few minutes thinking about Cara. I loved teasing her. She had feisty comebacks which made me laugh. I didn't think nothing would change between us. After what just happened she might forget in the morning. Ugh! That reminded me I had school tomorrow. Should I skip it? I thought. I decided not to because it was Cara's first day. I needed to look out for her. I needed to see if Gina started challenging her. If she did that wouldn't be good at all. I knew Cara would stand up for herself if Gina tried anything. Cara had sass which Gina didn't like.

Gina was the schools queen bitch. She had the whole school wrapped around her finger apart from Jay and I. We were the schools bad boys. We cut class, smoked weed, bad mouthed teachers and pulled epic pranks. I know this all sounds really cliché but that's how our school works. You had your jocks, nerds, loners, goths, stoners and then you had your normal people. Cara fell into that category straight away. She didn't need a status.

I looked at the clock and it was getting pretty late so I decided to go to bed. I stopped when I got to Cara's room but I just started to walk again to my room. Tomorrow I will make sure that I will go back to teasing Cara because I was too embarrassed to admit a small care for her.

- (Cara's P.O.V.)

I shot awake to an annoying beeping sound that came from Noah's room. It was probably his alarm I thought. I remembered what he did last night which was strange. He cared for me which I didn't think he would do. I would never tell him about my parents because I don't trust him. He's still and idiot even though he hugged me last night and made sure I was ok.

I rolled out of bed and grabbed a towel from my draw and walked to the bathroom. I turned the handle but it was locked. I presumed Noah was in there so went back inside my room and chose and outfit. I picked out a pair of denim shorts and a white lace top. I walked back to the bathroom to find it wide open. I stepped inside a turned on the shower. I washed my hair and brushed my teeth, put a small coating of makeup, unlocked the door and walked out. I dried off and got dressed. And grabbed my bag then ran down stairs.