The great escape

The Imperial guards lunged at The foursome, but Kanan used the force to push them backwards. They hit the wall with a dull thud. 10 troopers ran down the corridor red lasers zipping past the rebels's heads. Kanan deflected the lasers with his lightsaber, and Sabine, Zeb and Ezra retreated back down the corridor. They turned a corner, another 5 troopers facing them. Sabine opened fire with her pistols, and the two groups exchanged fire as Ezra and Zeb ducked into the support beams lining each corridor. Ezra activated his lightsaber and jumped into the fray

"We need to find a way out of here, and fast!" shouted Zeb over the blaster noise. He left onto one of the troopers, taking it down onto the floor. Ezra sliced two troopers apart, with Sabine blasting the other two. Just then, Kanan charged towards them, 3 storm - troopers and one imperial guard tailing him. He rolled onto the floor just as the sizzle of lasers shot above him. Zeb and Sabine had already started running away from them. However, Ezra and Kanan stood their ground and cut down the remaining opposition. They managed a quick high - five and then they too fled.

Soon, they caught up with Sabine and Zeb, who had come across a hangar. Kanan was the first to spot the sign that read: 'Lightsaber and other resistance weapons'. 

"Lets get over there now." Kanan said to the others. They all sneakily sprinted towards the entrance. Zeb pused the door down, and they continued along a narrow corridor. Not a minute later, they reached the weapon room. Suddenly though, two shadow troopers walked round the corner ahead. 

"Look, rebels!" one shouted as Kanan ran towards them both. They drew blasters from there belts but no sooner had Kanan sliced them down. 

"I'll guard this corridor, while you three go in and get the 'sabers"  Kanan exclaimed. Sabine and Ezra, followed by Zeb, started looking for the precious Jedi weapons. Ezra used the force to try and sense them. He found them seconds after. They took the whole box of them. Zeb had the idea of emptying them into a shoulder bag, and so he carried them out. Ezra snatched a blaster maintenance and upgrade kit, whilst Sabine stole a custom pack of explosives. The four of them ran back to the hangar; with Kanan messaging Hera on his com - link to pick them up. They could see Hera coming down in the Ghost. However, 30 new troopers ran into the hangar. Zeb and Ezra ducked behind a TIE as Sabine shot lasers and Kanan jumped over some crates to engage the troops. 

Distressingly, Ezra watched more troopers zip down above them with ropes. Zeb used his energy stick to take two of the fresh troops down, whilst Ezra took on 4 others. All were busy engaged in combat when a Rodian bounty hunter and two assassin droids reached Kanan. Kanan forced the two droids back, but the Bounty hunter jumped to the side, avoiding the ripple. He slammed his rifle down on Kanan's shoulder, and the Jedi knight slumped to the ground.

"No!" Ezra shouted as her ran over. He shot energy blasts from his custom lightsaber as he attacked the Rodian. The bounty hunter flipped around planting a kick on what would have been Ezra's head if he hadn't have shifted his weight at the last moment. Subsequently, the Rodian stumbled awkwardly as he had underestimated the power of the young Jedi trainee. Ezra lashed out, but the bounty hunter just mover to the side, and shot a laser at point blank range. Ezra ignited his lightsaber just at the right moment, and the blast was deflected back towards the Rodian. Sensing danger, the bounty hunter retreated away, also seeing that most of his troopers had been eliminated by Sabine and Zeb. 

Zeb ran towards the limp body of Kanan, picked him up, and slung him over one shoulder. They rebels then ran towards the Ghost, and they sprinted up the drawbridge as Hera took off.

<<<>>>

Authors note: sorry for the massive brake in the story, I hope to start updating more chapters soon. Hopefully this huge chapter will quench your reading hunger!

Once again, many apologies to all my readers.

olithegod111