Chapter 8

We found Aries leaning against the van, knife sheathed up again, and talking to the driver.

"What took you guys so long?" she demands, pushing herself away from the vehicle and walking towards us. "I've been here for ages. The others are already inside. We've got to go now. I think we were spotted."

"No shit Sherlock" I mutter.

"What was that Italy?" she snaps.

"Omg Aries, that was amazing like... I've never seen anyone do anything like that before it was... it was... so cool" Cancer gasps, grabbing her arm and shaking it.

"Yeah, yeah, get off" she brushes her off and releases me from her killing glare. "Lets go."

Somewhere in one of the windows, a blind twitches as we get into the van.

"Hey, there you are" Aquarius cries.

"So it failed" Scorpio says, leaning against the side, arms folded over his chest, peering out from the gloom that shades his face. "Fuck. What're we going to do now? Shit, we're screwed. Shit, shit, shit."

"No need for all the swearing" Capricorn says, sounding bored. Pisces leans sits down next to him and rests her head on his shoulder. "This can all be resolved if we anatomize the situation properly. Where did we go wrong?"

"We didn't go wrong" Pisces says patting him. "If went perfectly, only, it worked on the wrong person."

"Can I suggest" Aquarius says, standing up as the van chugs into movement. "That we just blow the entire place up? Then we can get rid of all the evidence of it."

"Yeah but, now we're faced with a different situation" Aries says from the darkness. "He created the weapon to bomb the rival country, who is planning to bomb us with a weapon of greater force."

"He never said that" Cancer says, unsure of herself.

"No, he didn't. But it will be, especially seeing as the country is smaller than we are" Aries fumbles in her pocket, brings out a packet of gum and chucks a piece into her mouth. She chews it for a while and then continues. "More explosives and damageable equipment will be needed for that. My thinking is that, if we split into two groups we can destroy both him and this other country. That way, we remove all threat placed on us."

"I hate to say it" I mutter. "But she's right."

"Thanks Italy" Aries rolls her eyes. "Of course I'm right."

"I'm not going without Capricorn" Pisces shouts.

"You don't even know his real name" Scorpio slurs from the corner.

"How d'you know?" Pisces grins. "Maybe we knew each other before hand."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Aries waves her hand. "You can go in group two, I'm in group one with..." she sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose. "Gemini and Cancer."

I stare at her in shock.

"Yeah, you heard me Italy. You and Cancer, now don't make me repeat it, and close your mouth, you're going to catch flies."

I close my mouth and nod, still dazed with shock. Cancer squeals and hugs me so hard it hurts.

"Um... can I go with you?" Aquarius says quietly. She's never louder than a mouse really when we're in a big group. I suppose it means she trusts me.

Aries nods reluctantly.

"I'll go" Taurus shifts over to our side of the van.

Scorpio sighs. He's holding what looks like syringe with a pale, green, gooey liquid inside, and he's sitting on our side. "I can't be bothered to move so I guess I'll be on this 'team'."

Pisces nods, on her side being Capricorn, Leo, Virgo, Libra and Sagittarius.

"So" Aries fishes a coin out of her pocket. "Who's going where? Heads says we stay, tails says you stay."

She flicks it upwards and lets it drop to the floor. It spins madly for a bit before wavering and slipping, shaking for a moment before settling on a head.

"Get yourselves plane tickets, there is a plane leaving in five hours" Cancer pushes forwards her phone showing plane times.

"And now, the question remains" Taurus says, cracking his knuckles and his neck. "Who can kill who first?"

Capricorn grins, leaning forwards so they're almost touching. "You're on Taurus."