Signed Kisses 4

Signed Kisses

Dream On

I run out the schools doors to find Kate sitting on the bench texting away on her phone. "Hey". I say as she throws her phone into her pocket before getting up. "Ready to go". I ask as I look down the sidewalk to see Caroline and Carter walking down it.

"Yea I'm ready". She replies flinging her purple bag over her shoulder as we make our way down the sidewalk. "Are you going to start matching people up tonight, cause if you need some help if be happy too". She asks with a smile gleaming across her face.

"You know what, I guess I could start and of coarse you can help me what kind of question is that". Laughing we approach my house as my mothers car is no where in sight. The door u locks with a click as I open it up stepping inside as we both slip our shoes off and throw our bags onto the ground.

"I wanna see what a bunch of people wrote on their hearts. It's like your my insider to all of the students in high school". She says letting out a slight chuckle. "I can't wait to see who gets paired with you. You've never had a boyfriend so this should be interesting".

"Thanks. And I just hope one thing, that its not Jackson caption of the football team cause then it would be some cheesy love story how the jock falls in love with a normal teenage girl". I reply taking a seat on the couch. "Lets start sorting". I shout dumping all of the paper hearts onto the floor.

"Holy cow! This will take forever to sort when do you need them by". Kate asks picking up to hearts. "How in the world do we sort these". She screams throwing the hearts up into the air.

"First of all I need them by this Friday and I have absolutely no clue. I assume you would look at what they look for in each other and match them like that, maybe their sports too". I reply picking up two hearts reading them in my head a couple of times 'likes down to earth guys' and the other one likes rocker girls. Defiantly not a match. Tossing the hearts back into the pile I reach for more continuing the process until I finally get a match.

Both of them play hockey and they are looking for a sporty funny guy. "Kate a match". I say as she continues looking at hearts "i got a match". i scream at the top of my lungs sending cards flying allover the room as she lets out a bloodcurdling scream. Tossing her the hearts she stares at them before clapping as she hands them back to me as I write both of their names on a paper with a heart beside their names.

About a hour later we are still stuck with only one match and by the seems of it we won't be getting to many more. Some say that they are looking for a punk others say a nerd. I'm looking for Caroline and Tommy's heart cause they'd be perfect for each other both nerds and super smart.

Just them my mother walks in the door throwing something on the ground. "Riley are you home". She shout as I reply as she make her way into the kitchen. "Hi Kate how are you". She asks as Kate response with great. "I'm going to be upstairs having a nap it was a insane day at work we had this case where it was a online bullying leading to suicide it was so hard, just heartbreaking". Mom says as she starts making her way up the stairs.

"I'm thirsty I wanna go get a ice cappachino". Kate whines as she reaches for her purse "c'mon my treat. I know you can't resist your icecap with French vanilla and chocolate milk". I don't budge "please". She whines putting on her puppy dog face as I look into her big blue eyes. Giving in I agree as she grabs my arm and leads me to her car.

"This better be worth it". I mutter under my breath as I hop into the car as we speed down the driveway. The ride there is pretty quiet except for Kate's annoying singing. Finally we pull up to the Tim Hortons drive threw as Kate orders the usual. We receive our drinks as I take a sip as instantly I feel like I'm in heaven. We begin driving back to my house as we get caught at a red light I look over to my right and notice that Taylor Knight my enemy science grade two was right beside us. I unclip my seat belt as I crouch down on the floor trying to be unnoticed. Kate just laughs at me until he waves at her then she goes as red as a tomato.

"Ri, why do you even hate Taylor so much he's the perfect package and I think you guys would make a cute couple". I gag at her thought. Taylor and I being a couple there is no way what so ever that's happen.

"First of all hell no and don't you remember in grade two he pretended to marry me and got my ring pop wedding ring stuck in my hair on purpose. Ever science that day my nickname from him is ring pop which sounds absolutely stupid".

"Whoa, calm down. It's just a nickname. And anyways that was over eight years ago why can't you give him a second chance". She asks as the car drives off as I hop back into my seat. I breathe a sigh of relief as I notice his car speed ahead of us.

"Because I've never wanted to. He thinks he is all this and that just cause he's the quarterback of the football team and his big brown eyes and his hair, oh how much I love his hair. Wait!" Kate smirks at me as she starts singing "Taylor and Riley Sitting in a tree kissing"."Please stop". I mumble as she laughs.

"Riley I know you have something for him. Everyday when you have the same class as hi. I notice you constantly looking back at him but why don't you just admit it. You like Taylor Knight". She says as I look down at my lap. "Your perfect for hi why can't you see it. He is the hottest boy at our school and you your absolutely beautiful any guy would like you. the way you-". That reminded me of Michael.

"Kate". I say interrupting her mid sentence. "What if Michael likes me". I ask her as I notice her smile turn into a frown."What do you mean like you". She replies. "Today he touched my hand when he was tutoring me and I was getting mixed signals but after that I ran away I was embarrassed and I knew how much you like him".

"Your a true friend. Thanks but you know what I don't think we have anything in common. I would rather have you pair me with somebody I have a chance with".

"Really just like that your going to forget about him. I'm so proud of you and I didn't want to say anything but you guys really don't have much in common".

"oh yea Riley, I forgot to tell you that Taylor is right beside us". She says pointing out the window as i let out a scream. i look out the window to where Taylor's black truck is beside us. He waves at me as I wave back before he smiles driving away. I can feel my cheeks getting hotter as instantly I snap myself out of it. Why am i blushing I can't like him, and even if I do I just can't.

We pull into my driveway running down the sidewalk as we enter my house and get right back to work. I'm reaching for hearts reading them and to my surprise most of them have a lot in common. Just then my phone vibrates in my pocket as I pull it out to find a new text message from Taylor. 'Hey have you found my match yet ;)'. How does he know its me. I reply with what are you talking about as he replies in seconds. 'I know your that signed kisses so why don't you tell me who I'm matched with'. Kate slides beside me as I hand her my phone. She reads the messages before sending a message as I read It aloud 'its me'.

"What the hell are you talking about Kate. Why would you even send him that. Did you not listen to me in the car I absolutely hate home h-a-t-e him". I scream as she hands me two of the hearts one of them being mine and the others being Taylor's.

Both of us love soccer and volley ball and what we look for a in a girl and guy are remarkably the exact same. We both want a athletic and hot match. I am stunned by what I am reading. I don't believe it how can my worst enemy have so much in common with me?

___________________________________________________________________

A.N,

Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you for your continuos support on all of my stories and would also like to inform you that I have decided to enter signed kisses in the 2013 watty awards.

So one thing I'd like to happen before I upload the next chapter is to have 125 read and 20 votes and also I'd like help advertising this book so it will be well known when I enter it in the watty awards so it will hopefully have a good chance of winning an award.

Once again thankful for reading and being there for me,

Janelle_G

P.s VoTe CoMmEnT FaN aNd ReAd