Signed Kisses

Chapter 1

Signed Kisses

The announcements are blaring through the speakers over head as I quickly make my way towards my first period classroom. "Just to let you guys know that valentines day is right around the corner and the valentines dance is on Friday February 14 at five thirty, ladies bring your men and men bring your ladies". Mr. Carter says as instantly an idea flashes through my mind "what if I could be the schools match maker".

I could help all of the students who are afraid or to shy to ask their crushes out, all they'd have to do would be fill out a little slip of paper with their interests and voila, instant match. It would be a lot easier then just liking someone with no interests but instead they'd have a whole bunch in common and a lot to talk about. I enter the class throwing my binder and books on my desk before heading to the back of the room where all of my friends are gathered just then the bell sounds over head.

Quickly I make my way over to the desk as our teacher walk into the room. "Ok class pull outsourced text books and work on questions seventeen to fifty six on page ninty-three, you may begin". Algebra I absolutely hate Algebra. It's the one thing I fail numbers and letters in math just confuse me. I pull out my textbook and look at the first question, a squared divided by three equals six, what is a? How am I suppose to know! Almost an hour later I'm finished, with probably every single one of my answers being completely wrong.

"Ok class we are going to be having a test on all of these things that were on those questions you jut on Friday February seventh. I'll be here everyday after school for math help". Just then the bell rings as everyone flees the class as Mr.Waters shouts "class dismissed". After us.

Heading to my locker I bump into Jackson the schools 'nerd'. I crash to the ground as all of my books sprawl across the floor. Quickly I reach for all of my things as a hand blocks my view. "Sorry about that" he says as I grab his hand as he pulls me up to my feet.

"Hey don't worry it's fine. It was my fault anyways, I'm kind of clumsy". I respond as he picks up the rest of my books from the ground. "Thanks for grabbing those". I say reaching out expecting him to place them in my hand.

"What class are you heading too". He asks me. "Science, room three ten with Mrs.Conti, you". I reply as I begin walking down the hallway with him following me. "Same here. If you don't mind I can carry your books for you". He replies with a grin as we make our way towards the science lab.

"Thanks for carrying my books you never had to do that". I say as he places my books on my desk as he makes his way to his seat across the isle. "I know I jut felt like I should". He replies as the our teacher walks into the classroom signalling that class has begun.

"Ok class since you guys will be having a mini quiz on the water systems I'm going to give you a free period either to study or do any other homework or assignments you have". She says as the whole class breaks into cheering and clapping. "One rule though, it needs to be quite". Suddenly everyone is quite and all you can hear is the feint whisper of students.

Instantly I pull my binder closer to my body as I begin to unzip the zipper revealing a bunch of looseleaf. I clipping to rings I pull one off as well as grabbing a pencil as I place them on my desk. On the top of the paper I quickly scribble down a title as I begin.

Hmmm. What's something that most people look for. Quickly on the top I right Name, Grade, Age, Favorite Sports. Just then my friend taps me on the shoulder as I lets out a screech as my pencil flys halfway across the room. Everyone stops and stares at me as I feel my face turning red as everyone bursts into laughter.

Kate pulls up a chair as I cover my paper with my forearms. "Sorry about that. I was just coming over to see what you were doing". She says handing me my pencil. "Thanks". I reply. "I was just working on a matchmaker slip. Like something you fill out and then get matched with your dream match, but I'm kinda stuck on the questions".

"Lets she what you've got. Hmm, favourite sport, age, name, grade. What about gender! You don't wanna match a girl with another girl by accident, oh and favourite music or tv show. You know what scratch that, how about what you look for in a girl for the guys and what you look for in a guy for the girls".

"Ok then that sound good enough. Thank for the help". I say as I quickly scribble down what she said on the paper. "Probably I should make the girls sheets pink and the boys sheets blue, oh and cut them out in the shape of a heart". I add in as I start randomly doodling hearts all over the page.

"One thing though Riley". She starts. "I'd like you to pair me up with Michael, the football player and total hottie". She says fanning her face with her hand and writing their names in a little heart at the bottom. We both burst into hysterical laughter straight when Mrs.Conti slams her ruler on my desk and reaching for the paper that she rips out of my grasp leaving me holding onto a tiny piece.

"Match maker plan, blah blah blah, What's that at the bottom". She says holding the paper closer to my face as Kate and I are both yelling at her not to read it "Michael is a total hottie, Kate heart Michael". She reads out as Kate slams her face into my desk as the class begins laughing, mocking and whispering. I look back at notice that Michael is talking with some of his friends as I turn my head away in shame.

"Girl I'd like to talk to you outside right now". She says sternly as the class starts in a chorus of "ohh's". As Kate and I make our way across the classroom dodging mimics and mocks until finally we reach the door as I let out a sigh. I look at Kate how her eyes are all red and puffy as another tear is dripping down her cheek as she wipes it away with the sleeve of her sweater.

"Girl this is the third time that you've interrupted my class the is by far to many times. I'd like you girls to go discuss this matter further with the principle". She says pulling out a yellow piece of paper writing something down before handing it to me and Kate as she walks us down to the office.

The walk to the office is dead silence except for the clicking of her high heels against the stone floors. We approach the office as Kate and I take a seat outside as Mrs.Conti heads in talking to the secretary. There's not to much talking except for the voices I hear inside my head. 'You're in trouble' 'suspended'. I shake those thoughts out of my head as I look up and notice somebody's black pants and shiny black shoes in front of me.

"Girls if you may follow me please, I'd like to talk to you'll my office". He says leading us to his office. It's not to big and his desk is cluttered with papers and what seems to be Manila envelopes. I take a seat in a chair as so does Kate. "What went on in Mrs.Conti's room earlier something about a note".

"It wasn't a note. I was making a plan, something for the upcoming Valentines dance. I wanted to help people get matches to the dance, so nobody comes in alone and so they have someone that they can hang out with". I say as I look at the principle and notice a small grin beginning to creep across his face.

"You know what that sounds like and excellent idea there Riley. I really think it great that your willing to help out everyone, make them fell welcomed and included. But one thing, how are you going to match students up with people that they have stuff in common".

"By using heart shaped pieces of paper. They boys will fill out questions on the blue hearts and the girls will do the same except on pink Hearts and then they will hand the in to the office possibly. Like they can place them into a specific box".

"Great, I will announce it tomorrow. The students will come into the office and fill out a slip of them. But on last question. Do you want people knowing its you who's running this operation". He says writing down the ideas on a piece of paper that he snatched off of his desk".

"I'll call myself kisses and when I hand out their perfect matches the paper will be signed with Signed Kisses".

_______________________________________________________________

A.N,

Hey guys. This book I am finding really easy to write and a whole bunch of fun as well. I will probably have the next chapter uploaded in three days so July 7th.

One thing that i need you guys to help me with is advertising my book by either posting it as your status, telling all your friends or by putting it in you bio.

One last note that I am going to end off on is CoMeNt, VoTe, ReAd and SpReAd ThE wOrD!!!

Thanks,

Janelle_G (signed kisses)

Copyright Janelle G 2013

Signed Kisses RE-WRITINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara