Chapter: 49 Getting to Know Landon's Brothers James POV

I can't believe I broke down like that in front of her, how could I be so stupid?! I drag my hands through my hair as tears trickle down my face, memories I've repressed for years coming to the surface: The reason the girl I loved left me, the reason my parents hated me, the reason I stopped feeling anything. I can't let these emotions make me weak once again, that's what led to my downfall all those years ago.....never again.  It's been about fifteen minutes since I left Clarice in the guest room, and I couldn't get the look in her eyes out of my head. Hauntingly green and beautiful, but a flash of understanding and then pure shock had passed through her eyes as I spoke. What does she understand? No one understands how I feel, I'm all alone. And has everyone around her honestly not noticed her mask? Has no one bothered to look into her eyes and see the pain that spills out? No on- *knock knock* I snap my head up to the door, blinking before I reclaim my tongue, "Uh, come in?" To my surprise, William Black walks into the room with guarded eyes, "Who are you, and what the fuck are you doing in my house?" William looks different than his pictures, much like Clarice does. In the pictures I've seen, William was a skinny but broad boy, unkempt, scrawny but muscular, with long sandy brown hair and a crooked smile. The man in front of me is 6'2 and packed with muscle, with short sandy brown hair that shows off his dark blue eyes. His smile is still crooked, but right now his face is set in a furious scowl as he watches me with guarded blue eyes, "I'm James Daniels, Jazz's older brother. I'm here because my brother reached out to me, but I didn't think before I acted. I told authorities where you and Clarice are, I'm sorry William. I...I understand now. I'll do everything I can to help." 

William's face becomes murderous, "SO IT WAS YOU THAT PUT MY BABY IN DANGER! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, DID YOU NOT HEAR YOUR BROTHER WHEN HE SAID TO NOT TELL THE POLICE?!" He lunges for me with a look of fury, managing to knock me off my feet before I get the upper hand. I've been in Jiu Jitsu since I was 12, so I manage to flip William around and escape harm from the both of us. "I thought you said she wasn't your girl anymore William, please leave me alone!"

"No way in hell you fucking asshole, that slut and I are done but that doesn't mean I want her to get sent back to a place where she gets raped on a daily basis!" I manage to dodge his next attack, grimacing as to calm him down, "She's ok now, I'm going to do everything I can! So will all the other boys, they want to protect her! I'm sorry, you have no idea how sorry I am!"

William lunges at me with a shriek of fury, malice glinting in his eyes as he soars towards me. I wince, dodging by a hair before retreating to the complete other end of the room. I'm trying my best to put space between us so he can calm down, but it's clear by the rage on his face that nothing is helping. I jump back as he jumps forward, hitting something that feels like a key pad with my shoulders as William starts hissing insults at me with a voice of venom. The door flies open, momentarily stunning us both. It's a short stun, but it is enough for me to get on top of the dresser. The added height gives me an advantage as two heavy sets of footprints fill the room. Two broad men come charging into the room, one of them grabbing the still furious William by the hair, dragging him out as William continues to screech at me in hate. The other pins me with a guarded look that hides the brewing anger underneath. Once William is out of the room, the other man comes back, cracking his knuckles."Looks like it's about time we have a talk with you about the importance of keeping secrets when someone begs you to...lets see how quickly you catch on." Lord Jesus help me.....

~Time Lapse- Three Weeks Later- Jazz POV~

It's been almost a month since the first note, and not a single one has arrived since. We hope the stalker gave up, but we know that's most likely not true. This stalker is clever, he wants to lull us into a false sense of security before he strikes. We've all been taking turns guarding Harpy, even James has taken quite a few turns. There is a tension between James and Harpy, one that Landon's brothers have both taken an interest in. The presence of Wes and Wyatt Black has also helped us in protecting Harpy, I think the two of them have hopefully scared the stalker off for the time being. Landon still hasn't forgiven or even spoken to Harpy since he saw Ash kiss her, but he's been making contributions to her safety in his own way. His brothers, the new security system, etc. Hopefully, just hopefully we'll be able to keep Harpy and her children safe, it's what she deserves after the hell her life has thrown at her for years. When this ends, I hope to God Landon can look within himself and forgive Harpy for something that wasn't her fault. He needs her, and she needs him.

Sorry about the filler chapter, but here's another update! It kinda delves deeper into the mind of James, and kinda slightly not really explains why he is the way he is. Everything about James will be explained in due time, and what do ya'll think of Wes and Wyatt?

Vote, Comment, Share, READ ON MY YOUNG VIEWERS, ANGEL OUT!