You Changed Me

Sarah looked at all of her friends in disbelief.

They weren't serious.

They couldn't do this to her.

"You're really mean...we're kind of tired of it," Sally bluntly said.

Sarah frowned.

She wasn't that mean.

Or maybe she was...

She did tend to insult people, even the ones in front of her pretty often.

"We don't like being mean," Melanie added.

Now that was clearly a lie.

They liked being mean as much as she did and Sarah wasn't afraid to tell them that.

So she told them....and they gave her dissaproving glares.

"We like to gossip and laugh at people a little bit and yeah that's fun, but you just take it to a whole new level," Veronica explained.

"So you'll are basically kicking me out because you'll are tired of me?" Sarah deduced.

Mary sighed, placing a strand of her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear and pursing her lips, "Sarah, we just want to be ourselves again, we can't be who we are with you constantly judging us,"

Sarah felt a surge of empathy fill her.

She wouldn't like to be constantly scrutinized by someone either.

"How long did you guys feel like that?"

Sally shrugged, "For a couple of years- we were afraid of how to tell you....you don't really take things too well you see and uh, we didn't know how to do it, but we realised recently that we can't just live our lives in fear of you- we can't let you control us,"

Sarah frowned, "Umm, so you guys thought this was the proper way to deal with things? Just quit being my friends because I was too bossy? Maybe I would have listened to you guys if you had actually told me something! Gosh, and you people pride yourselves on being smart,"

Veronica rolled her eyes, "Don't act like that, you know you would have never listened before and we're just doing this to help you,"

Sarah let out an amused chuckle, "So what makes now so different? The fact that I have chemistry next? Or is because I've suddenly grown taller? You know what?- I don't even want to know, because if you'll tell me what it is that makes today so different my head might just explode from the stupidity of it all,"

With that, Sarah headed to chemistry.

Sarah hated chemistry.

Physics too.

But she was good at them, so that's why she chose them- she would have much preffered to do something like the arts or languages but sadly she was terrible with those things.

Sarah enterred the class a few minutes after the bell rang- her little discussion with her then friends had made her late for class.

Not like she cared anyway.

Sarah sat quietly next to her brilliant lab partner- Martin.

She had no idea what Miss Bell was talking about and she didn't care either.

Who really cared about this stuff?

It was all so pointless.

Sarah grudgingly looked at the white board when her teacher stopped talking and everyone else in the class started gathering the apparatus for the experiment.