Nightmares. (And discovery?)

I stood in my room (not the royal one) in front of the mirror. Tears filled my eyes as I looked myself over. Hair messed up. Tear in my shirt. Light bruises on my neck. I fumbled with my belt, tightening it to the point of pain. I paced around the room, not letting myself break down. Eventually exhaustion came knocking at my door, anemia returning. In a daze I curled up under the thick blankets in the middle of the bed, hidden in the dark.

     As soon as I fell asleep another nightmare began.

     I was in my house, before I ever met Ashborne of his mother, the queen. My father was home, I'd just gotten home as well. I'd broken some rule I hadn't been made aware of. Nothing new. His hands wrapped around my neck. I can't breathe.

     "Stop...please..."

     He let me go, punching me. I doubled over and after getting slapped ended up on the ground. I still can't breathe. Devitt walks in, shaking hands with my father as I lay suffering at their feet. Devitt knelt next to me and took me wrist, biting it. As pain ripped through me my father dug his heel into my stomach. He brought up his foot and slammed it down on my leg, it snapping like a twig. He stepped on my throat, putting more and more weight. Devitt still draining me.

     I can't...breathe...the pain. It's too much.

     "Juliet." The voice sounds familiar...

     Somebody...help...

     "Juliet!" Phoenix...

     I gasped awake, someone's shaking me. They let go, letting me sit up. I shook. It felt so real...

     "Hey, you ok?" Ash asked. I didn't look up, nodding. I was on the ground. Must've fallen off my bed.

     "Yea."

     "It looked like you were having a nightmare."

     "Yea, no big deal." I said, smiling at him. "I'm fine."

     "Well, it's a good time to be awake anyway. Come on." He stood and offered me a hand. I forced myself to take it and stood. He left and came back a couple seconds later, tossing me an apple. I caught it, looking up at him. It was a green apple. "Eat something."

     I took a bite. It's delicious. I followed him as he walked out. Jordan and Damion sat in Ash's room, poking each other and laughing.

     "Hey." Ash said, smirking. "Stop it."

     They whined and grumbled a bit but ceased. They still laughed a lot, Ash thwacking them when they poked each other. They both teamed up vs Ash. I threw away the core of my apple. They were still having their mini war when the door handle rattled. The froze and used their vampiric speed to separate and look semi-normal. Damion and Jordan were ruffled and Jordan's cheeks were pink. The door opened and Lily poked her head in.

     "Hello sire." She grinned and Ash got down on a knee,  smiling too. She ran into his arms. Ash picked her up and chuckled. Today she was wearing a powder pink shirt and leggings, barefoot. Ash hadn't changed yet, barefoot as well. I was the only one wearing shoes. Damion was wearing a light grey t-shirt and dark jeans. Jordan wore a graphic t-shirt and black jeans.

     "What brings you here Lily?" Ash said, smiling and leaning her back so their face-to-face.

     "Daddy said Klaus had said something, and he wants to ask you something." My stomach dropped and his face fell a bit, but he regained composure. Jordan and Damion went pale. Not yet. It's too early. There's deep-rooted treason in this castle. Before I rise to the throne, I have to weed it out. Before anyone else dies.