Chapter 15: Promise forever

he twins decided to walk into town and browse the shops located in downtown. After they had eaten breakfast and taken a nice long shower together of course. They looked the perfect pair, Jacob dressed in simple jeans with a white shirt and a button up black shirt over it with the sleeves rolled up and Emily in a light blue skirt and a lavender blouse, her hair put up into two short pigtails. It was amusing to Jacob, seeing her like that. It had been before their parents died since she had her hair like that. She was so cute, no not cute, beautiful. They held hands as they walked, oblivious to all around them. They entered a small shop and were browsing random trinkets.

"How bout this one?" She held up a small crystal fish, it shone in the light and was pretty.

"Not bad" was his reply, smiling as he said it. He looked around some more at all the other little crystal animals, amazed by their craftsmanship. He heard his twin lover call from behind him,

"What about this?" She held up a necklace. He had to get closer before seeing that it was a thin silver chain and on the end dangled a small blue gem. It shone in the light, not clear but smooth. It was magnificent, almost as if it captured the color of the sea in it. Jacob smiled once again,

"Beautiful." She giggled at him.

"The necklace or me?"

"Both" He leaned in and kissed her, didn't matter who was watching, there wasn't anyone else in the store anyway. He held her lips in his for as long as he could before pulling away and speaking to her, "If you want it, its yours." She smiled widely at him.

"Really?" He nodded, she smiled and kissed him. Once she pulled away she turned back to were she had gotten the necklace and pulled up another. The new one was silver same as the other only the gem was red, opposite of the other in the way that this one caught the fire instead of the sea. "Then this one is for you, that way we match."

"Of course, lets get them both." The necklaces were cheap, only five dollars each. Simple things that held no real value but they were a gift from each twin to the other. Emily refused to let Jacob buy them both, buying the red one herself in order to give to him while he bought the blue for her.

"See? This way its really a gift from me, that way it means that much more." She could be so silly sometimes but she was right of course. They left the store and went for a walk down a path of a nearby park. They didn't walk for long before they stopped and Jacob pulled the necklaces out of the bag, putting the blue one on Emily and she placing the red one of him in return. "You must always wear it, never take it off okay?" He nodded and pulled her close and whispered gently into her ear.

"Ill keep it forever, as long as I wear it that means that my love for you is still true. Even though its not worth anything, it proves that my heart is still yours. I love you Emily." He leaned in and kissed her, connecting with a powerful electricity and heat that rivaled any other love in the world. Few had ever been in more love, and today and many other days would be spent together as their love only grew stronger.

Betsy walked through downtown after school, taking a shortcut through a small park that was on the way. She lived a ways away from the school but didn't mind, walking always gave her time to think and some time to herself before she got home was nice every once and a while. She stopped when she saw two people off in the distance. They were in each others arms, pressed close to each other, whispering words of love no doubt. She looked closer and it was them. The twins, Jacob and Emily, and they were kissing each other. It all seemed to make sense, why Jacob was trying to avoid her, why he didn't like it when she kissed him, when Jason said Emily would be hurt by the kiss. All of it made perfect sense. It was because the twins were together, they were in love with each other.