December (Succubus Teen Romance) **Chapter 3**

**People have been asking me to update December, so here it is! I'll just say now that I will be focusing on The Art of Accidental Seduction and Hell, He Wrote indefinately, so don't be expecting many updates for December (sorry!). Hope you enjoy (;**

Chapter 3

My leg began to twitch impatiently as I looked at the clock. I'd been drumming my fingers on my desk until Mr. Huff, the math teacher, stopped his lesson to ask me to stop. I couldn't help it though; I felt like a drug addict going through withdraw. Being around Cale had messed with my head, in more ways then one.

I was hyper-aware of the energy humming in the room, although all the energy in this room couldn't even begin to compare with Cale's energy. Energy. That word had haunted me my entire life. My instinct was to feed off of other's life sources, but I'd never felt comfortable stealing a part of someone's soul.

I knew I'd have to get a quick fix soon, or risk passing out right here at my desk. I snuck another look at the clock, willing the hands to move faster. With sudden inspiration, I raised my hand frantically.

Mr. Huff's lips pressed into a hard line. "What is it this time, Leah?"

"I need to go to the bathroom" I declared loudly.

Mr. Huff crossed his arms and frowned at me. "School is almost over. I'm sure you can hold it for fifteen minutes."

I cleared my throat. "Um, it's important that I go now."

"Care to explain to me what could possibly be so important?"

I feigned embarrassment. "Well, it's lady business..."

Mr. Huff's disapproval turned into horror. "Well don't just sit there! Go do something about it."

"I will, sir" I said solemnly before grabbing my books and fleeing from the room.

I felt my body began to tremble and realized that I didn't have much time left. I felt a tiny tingle in the air and followed it until I found a cute guy coming out of the bathroom. He stopped when he saw me and must've seen what was coming because suddenly he was smiling.

I closed the space between us and wrapped my arms around his neck. He was a head taller then me, so I guided his face down to mine and took a deep breath. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself if I wanted to change my mind. It was far too late for that.

His heart hammered against my own, and I couldn't help myself as I inhaled his energy whizzing around the air. I hungrily pressed my lips against his, savoring the relief that enveloped my body. I stroked the back of his head, grateful for the sacrifice he unknowingly made. I forced him against the lockers, greedily taking more energy then I needed. When I was finally done, I took a step back and licked my lips as though I could still taste the energy on them.

"Wow, that was..." His voice trailed off, but he eyes spoke wonders.

"Yes, I know" I'd barely noticed the kiss, but the energy fix was like a breath of fresh air.

"Would you like to hang out?" His voice was desperate enough to make me squirm guiltily.

"I'm dating someone, I'm sorry" I lied smoothly.

His pain was obvious. "Really? You can't like him that much if..." He stopped mid-sentence, but the damage was done.

"If what? If I go around kissing guys in the hallway? And worse? I'm not a whore."

"Why'd you kiss me, then? Not that I'm objecting or anything."

The bell rang, saving me from the trouble of answering. "It was nice meeting you" I said politely before slipping into the crowd.

Dark clouds loomed over the school as I pulled out of my spot and began driving home. My old pickup vibrated as I slowly went down the old, back road leading to my house. Like my truck, my house was modestly built with only the bare minimum of appliances and furniture.

I had never been embarrassed of my house or car; I simply lived with it. Just as long as I had running, heated water and edible food I was good to go. Growing up with a single parent taught you things.

When I got inside, I dropped my backpack on the floor. "Mom, I'm home."

"How was school?" She called from the kitchen, the sound of the sink muffling her voice.

I winced involuntarily. I tried to push the images out of my head, but had little success. I hadn't realized how long it had been until my mom called my name from the kitchen. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just got a little distracted..."

She came into the room and automatically put a hand to my forehead. "Have you tried what we talked about?"

I felt bile slide up my throat, but managed to hold it back. "No, of course not."

Her eyes darkened. "Baby, I know that you aren't comfortable with it, but if that's the only thing that will help you then I don't see any reason-"

"You can't think of any reasons why I shouldn't start sleeping around the school? You know, mom... most parents would be encouraging their daughter to stay celibate while they're in high school. I'm sorry if I'm not comfortable loosing my virginity in the back of some guy's car."

"Leah" I tried not to respond as her voice broke, but I couldn't stop myself from walking over and embracing her like a lifeline. "Baby, I'm so sorry, but I can't lose you. You're sick, and it's been getting worse ever since you hit puberty. I don't know how much longer we can go on like this. I don't want to wake up every morning and wonder if you'll live to see tomorrow."

My eyes began to prickle, but I needed to be strong for the both of us. "Mom, I'm okay for now. I'm not completely dependent on the energy."

"It doesn't matter! The point is that one day-and lord only knows how soon-your body won't be able to function due to lack of energy and you'll..." She began to sob softly, unable to finish her thoughts.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. I promise I'll think about it, but that's all I can handle for right now."

We sat together until my mom's crying had subsided. "This is so wrong. I should be the one comforting you." She whispered, her voice still harsh and shaky.

"You are mom." I promised, wishing that my mom hadn't met my father. Wishing that my mom hadn't gotten pregnant. Wishing that the day would just end so I could go crawl into bed and forget everything.