December Chapter 2 (Succubus Teen Romance)

**Note**

I'm sure that there are plenty of gramatical errors and typos in this chapter. I just typed this up (I'm exhausted and sleep deprived, so please forgive me!). I know it's only one page, but it was 3 whole pages on Word! *sigh* Please comment! Thanks!

December

Chapter 2

I was positively fuming as I stalked down the hall. Several students gazed after me in concern, but I was far beyond comprehension. I had been building up my anger and frustration for so long that it was now spewing out of me.

In the heat of the moment, I blindly slammed into the locker closest to my left. I was so pissed that I didn't hear him approach until he spoke.

"What you're doing to my locker would be considered destruction of school property. I wouldn't want to have to report you."

I glared up at the owner of that voice, prepared to say a few colorful words, when I froze. I saw his face for only a few seconds before the energy in the air registered in my brain.

I glanced quickly at the locker before answering, "I'd hardly call that destruction; I can't even find a scratch".

Cale smiled for a moment, but it disappeared so fast that I was sure I'd just imagined it. "I have plenty of witnesses that'd back me up. You wouldn't have a shot if I pressed charges."

I raised my eyebrows in defiance. "Oh really? I don't see anyone sticking around to back you up." As if to make my point, I made eye contact with a girl who was watching us curiously only to have her turn abruptly in the opposite direction. Who said being a succubus didn't have its perks?

"Believe me, I can be very convincing when I want to be" His eyes tracing the shape of my mouth, making me stomp my foot in frustration. It was either that or beg for him to kiss me.

Fine, I thought viciously, two could play that game. I leaned forward until my nose lightly brushed his. "So you think I can't be?" I breathed.

"No, I guess I don't." He trailed his nose along my neck, pausing when he reached my collarbone.

I moved to his ear and let out a little breath. "You're a damned fool, then"

"Care to prove it to me, love?"

I pulled away so that our faces were only inches apart. His eyes were hungry as he studied my expression. I carefully played poker face, not wanting to see how his words were affecting me.

"In your dreams"

He chuckled darkly as he finally pulled away from me. "Believe me when I say that I plan to thoroughly enjoy that dream."

"Pig"

He smiled knowingly. "Like I'd believe for one second that you aren't sharing my rather appealing dream"

I fought to look appalled as I immediately denied the accusation. "That's the last thing on my mind" I insisted unconvincingly.

The corners of his smile rose. "You," he leaned close enough for me to feel his cool breath on my face, "are a terrible liar."

I stepped back, unwilling to give him any satisfaction. "I am not."

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself"

I closed my eyes as I tried to erase his mesmerizing face from my mind. I was attracted to Cale on many levels. Not only was I physically attracted, but also drawn to his very soul. His energy sang to me, like a lighthouse to a ship on a stormy night. Although I'd gone my entire life without his energy, it was almost as if I couldn't live without it.

"Dreaming of me, I hope." Cale murmured softly, interrupting my thoughts.

"Go rot in a sack" I hissed.

"Ouch, love, that almost hurt"

I frowned at him. "What would it take for you to leave right now and never come back?"

His smile became a leer and I regretted saying anything.

"Well, love, for now let's just say that you owe me."

I just about lost it in that moment. "What the hell? How do I owe you anything?"

"Do you remember how you were so sure that I wouldn't be able to prove that you were destroying school property?"

I didn't like where this was going. "That's because you can't."

"The really funny thing is I can, and I will if I have to."

"Look, no one is going to testify for you so just go r-"

"Look up" Cale interrupted.

I reluctantly did so and was horrified to find a camera staring back.

"So here's the deal, unless you admit that you owe me-I'll report you for vandalism."

I stared in disbelief, waiting for him to laugh and say it was a joke. Instead he quietly returned my stare. Shit, he wasn't bluffing.

"Okay"

"What's that?"

"I said okay!" I ground out.

He raised an eyebrow. "I want to hear you say it"

"Are you kidding?" I shouted.

When he only raised his eyebrow higher, I sighed in defeat. "Fine... I, Leah, owe you, Cale, one fucking hell of a favor."

"That's better."

I realized with a start that the hallway was completely empty. "I'm late to class" I huffed.

"I didn't force you to stay here. Besides, you made me late as well. I still need to grab my books."

"Idiot" I turned around and was surprised to find the energy in the air follow me.

"I'll walk with you; my locker is in this direction." Cale explained with a shrug.

I stopped cold in my tracks. "Excuse me? You said that the locker back there was yours!"

Cale grinned. "No, that was just an excuse to talk to you."

"You're unbelievable" I exclaimed. I suppressed the warm feeling that bubbled up at the thought of him wanting to talk to me.

Cale flashed a smile. "And you love me for it, babe."