The Train Ride- Medala Wren

The girl from 11 notices me staring at her and covers her cheek with her hand. I smile at her and she smiles back. The press leaves us alone and she and her partner get shoved into a door to the train. We go into ours next. The district 11 tributes must be going on the same train as us if they are so near. 

We go into the train. I go to my temporary room, and look down at my mockingjay pin. Its green eye shines in the light. I sigh at the thought of my mother. I don't look much like her except for her nose. I have long wavy brown hair and green eyes. More like my dad. All I am thinking now, is that I want to win. This dark quiet room is making me depressed. 

I walk into the nearest corridor. I glance over and see the 12 year old girl from District 11. She stares at the mockingjay pin. I tilt my head curiously. She turns her gaze to her hand where something gold glints into view. She pulls a necklace around her neck. It has a mockingjay on it. I give her a small smile, then turn and stalk away. 

Sometime later, the escort comes to get us for dinner. We are quite late.. so when we walk in the district 11 mentors, tributes, and escort are already there. Our escort looks down sheepishly. We don't have any mentors because District 13 has never competed. Whatever. 

I take the seat across from the District 11 girl. I really need to find out her name. We both eat barely anything just a few spoonfuls. Her district partner is large and inhales his dinner like nobody's around. As we eat, the girl and I stare at each other's mockingjay. Her necklace really makes me wonder. How do we have the same charm?

This question eats at me for a while, until we finish dinner. We watch the reapings together and I find out that her name is Ebony Night. Her district partner is actually her brother, Serinity Night. He doesnt seem too fond of her so I glare at him every chance I get. 

I hope Ebony didn't notice, but I've been staring at her necklace the entire time we've been in the same room. Maybe I can talk to her tonight. Possibly on the rooftop garden. I think I know where her room is... I just HAVE to find out about that mockingjay necklace.