Chapter Seven

Cooper told me the week before that I was having an anxiety attack. It wasn't like the normal ones. I didn't shake or cry or anything like the usual anxiety attacks are. But it was still considered one because I was stressing out and overthinking all of this. He said I did have a point on over reacting. Not everyday do you turn into some bionic person and end up having a long, lost twin. Which by the way, Cooper knew the whole time. Thanks, bro!

I asked him why our mother kept us separated. He didn't know. He said something about the protection of the family, but that's all he heard from Mom talking to Dad after we were born. He said we were together in the hospital for a week - we were sick, and the whole time Mom was fighting with Dad to separate them. When Dad gave in, and Riley was taken away, the two of us got better. I suspected that Mom knew something about that sickness we had. And I was afraid that we would get sick again.

Riley heard all of this, too, but he kept quiet. The whole time he had this look of confusion, but also a look like he knew. But I knew that he had no idea. He told me, and I trust him. Riley doesn't seem like a guy to lie. Maybe if he was working, but he hasn't worked. Light's never called us in.

My door buzzed. I was reading and it startled me. I looked up at the door. "Come-come on in!" I turned off the screen that had my book and looked up at Riley.

"Hey, there's this guy in the main entrance. He says he wants to see you. I wouldn't let him come in though. I got a bad vibe from him."

I slid off my bed. "Who is he?"

"He didn't say. But I'm guessing you know him."

We walked out of my room together. The floor carried us to the main entrance. Eli stood there, smiling. When I walked about ten feet away from him, he spread out his arms.

I ran up to him and hugged him. "Oh my gosh! Where were you? You just disappeared off the face of the Earth! Ani said you hadn't even contacted him or answer your phone!"

He laughed, hugging me back. "I went on a little vacation. That's all."

I shrugged. "I don't care. I've missed you."

"Not enough apparently."

I let go, looking up at him. His eyes weren't looking at me. They were staring Riley down.

I sighed. "This Riley. Riley," I grabbed Riley's arm, "this is Eli. Eli, he's my twin."

Eli's mouth dropped. "But..." he shook Riley's hand, "how?"

Riley laughed. "It's a long story. Let's just say I'm the long lost brother like from one of those old films."

Eli nodded.

He seemed different.

Riley looked down at me. "Hey, I'm going to go and hang with Anakin." He left.

I looked back up at Eli."You alright?"

He nodded, smiling. "Why?"

I shook my head. "I dunno. You just seem different."

He shrugged. "Your brother sure is protective."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Meh. He's different. He's definitely not like Carter. Or Cooper."

"He's like you. I can tell."

"You can? I couldn't. I just know we've got a ton in common."

"Well, add that to the list."

I nodded.

He put his hand under my chin. "You're so beautiful."

I smiled, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Thanks." Then I remembered the restriction. Light's been spying on me. I bet he can see this now.