He calls me Puzzle [BoyXboy] Chapter Two

Not so many days after that something happened. Matthew was missing on the day as usual and I was bored to death. I was waiting for him to arrive home and pet me.

The familiar sound of the front door as it opened made me stand up and I ran to it. But when I saw Matthew I froze. But it was not him that I got scared of, it was what he was carrying.

A cat. A male. I stared at it and it stared back. It's yellow eyes glared at me. 'oh no, not in my house.' I thought and then I hissed. My fur began to rise and got all puffy, I flexed my ears back to show him I was ready to fight for my house. I showed him my sharp teeth and made the nastiest growl I have ever done.

“Puzzle!” Matthew snapped at me. “stop.”

The other cat gave me a little smirk.

Matthew carried the other cat inside the house. What is he doing? I fallowed him quietly. Watching my human make a terrible mistake.

“There kitty.” Matthew said as he put the cat down on the floor.

I looked at the cat as it walked to the couch and sniffed it. He the walked back to Matthew and rubbed his head on Matthew's hand.

“Pet me...” He said.

“He's mine!” I growled at him.

“Not anymore...” He replied.

I flew at him and began to bite him in the neck. He clawed my back pretty badly but I didn't care. All I wanted was that he'd leave my Matthew alone.

“Puzzle!” Matthew grabbed me and lifted me of the other cat.

The other cat stood up and lifted his paw, faking an injury.

“Look what you did Puzzle!” Matthew said and pointed to the cat.

“But I didn't even touch his paw!” I said in defense.

I hated that he couldn't understand cats, if he could he wouldn't be so mad at me. Matthew walked to the front door, opened it and threw me out.

I looked at him in shock and sadness. Why did he do this to me?

“Matthew, listen-”

Matthew threw the heavy door close. Now I was alone in the cold. I felt so sad that Matthew didn't understand, that he couldn't listen to me. I walked away from the door and out into the street. I didn't want to be near my home when that cat was there. I laid down in a dark alley. Where most homeless cats were, some homeless humans came here too. My depressing mood was very visible to all the other cats so they stayed away. But then...

“What's up, sugar?”A gray female cat said. I just sighed.

“My human came home with another cat and then he threw me out.”

“Replacement.” She sighed.

“What?”

“Honey, humans do that. You just got replaced.”

“He wouldn't do that...” I said. “Would he?

She sighed and laid down next to me.

“Humans did that to me.” She said. “Three different homes.”

“But why?”

“Well, I'm not a little kitten anymore.” She said. “I'm Nina, by the way”

She fell asleep next to me that night. But I stayed awake. I had never ever thought that Matthew would get tired of me. I was not even one year old and yet he replaced me. Would he ever let me back inside the house? Did I have to become a street cat? Was my days as pet over? Did I even want to know?

I looked up at the night sky. The stars was spread like glitter on the dark blue sky. It remembered me of the first time I met Matthew, how much I had loved him from the beginning to, the now, end.

I wish I was a human. So I could love him like the humans do. So I could talk to him like the humans do. Just so I could be with him, forever.

“I wish I was a human....” I said softly.

And then... the strangest thing happened. Glitter from the sky fell down on the ground and they got smashed like glass into smaller glitter. A strong light blinded me but I couldn't stop looking. The other cats in the alley got scared and ran away. But I stayed and I had the feeling this thing happened because of me.

Slowly the shape of a human appeared in the light and rain of glitter.

And as the glitter stopped raining and the lights had faded I saw a woman. She looked at me with eyes big and blue. She smiled and then she threw some glitter over me and Nina who was still asleep next to me.

I felt the glitter sink through my fur and into my skin. My fur fell of and I got taller. And suddenly I wasn't a cat anymore. I looked down at my paws... hands, I mean, I had long fingers. I looked down at my naked body. Was this really happening? Was this a dream?

I looked at Nina. She was also human now but still asleep.

“What? Why?” I asked the woman.

“Look,” She began. “You wished this now you got what you wanted.”

“Thank you I-”

“Shh! Leave it until you hear the rest; you're human in five weeks that's all I can give you. But! If Matthew falls in love with you you'll be human forever. Got that?”

“Um... yeah but-”

“Five weeks. If five weeks have passed and he's still not in love with you then you get back into your old self at midnight.”

She gave me a tired look.

“Clothes.” She said and then I was suddenly wearing an old t-shirt, a pair of black jeans, a pair of converse shoes and a hat. “There you go. Oh, house!” she then threw a key at me. “Take it.”

She then disappeared, into stardust.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psst! i hope you like my story this far :)

please be gentle with me! im not as good at writing as the others on this site!