He calls me Puzzle [BoyXBoy]

I was inside a box. It was dark but the small stars gave me dots of light. I thought I was in the sky. That wasn't the case, in fact: this is when I started to live for real. Before, my life didn't make anyone happy. I was one out of six other kittens, my mom couldn't lick all of her kittens fur. Added to that the other cats living under the same roof was far too many. It was cats everywhere. Never did they care of a kitten like me.

But of course I did not know how my life would turn here, I thought that the woman who arrived at my home was there to put me to sleep. It was very common that humans came to my home and took away cats. My mom said that they would fall asleep and never wake up. I knew what that meant. And that made me scream so bad when one of the humans that lived with me put me in a box.

The box was made out of cardboard and air swept in threw the stars. I screamed after my mom. But she couldn't hear me. I felt like flying. The box moved in the air and I had a feeling that one of the humans moved me from one place to another. It was a long time I flied in the air.

The box I was in suddenly stopped moving. It was situated somewhere, where it was warm and quiet. I could here the human woman move away from me.

My terrified body was shaking and quivering. The question of what they would do to me was beyond my knowledge, I just could hope they wouldn't hurt me. I kept screaming, hoping that my mom would come and save me. Though, I knew, that I was far away from home. None of the scents were alike the ones I have had in my home. And then all the stars above me disappeared into the box. I laid down in the darkness feeling alone like never before.

I awoke when the box once again began to move. I got dizzy from hunger and the rocking.

Then I heard voices and laughter. My ears perked at the human noises. The human who had been carrying the box stopped moving.

Happy birthday, Matthew!” she said her weird human language.

I could feel how she handed the box to someone else. I heard how someone began to open the box and looked up into space.

And then I saw Matthew for the first time in my life. The most beautiful human boy I have ever seen.

He calls me Puzzle.

I think it's because I gave him a puzzled look when I first saw him. But I was younger then! I didn't know that Matthew was a nice human, I thought that he would eat me. Matthew doesn't eat cats.

Matthew was strange, he made me feel strange. I never wanted him to stop petting me or play with me. But he aften did. I liked Matthew a lot, though I didn't like the other humans that he brought to my new home. Some of them pulled my tail or laughed at me or teased me. So most of the time I ran to hide under Matthew's bed when they came.

“Puzzle! Come here kitty, kitty, kitty...” Matthew called.