Chapter 8: The Battle of the Kiss

A couple weeks after the huge argument, I was exchanging my books in my locker. The hallway was empty, everyone had already went to class. After Drake pointed out my wardrobe, making me pissed of I decided not to wear a Rubik's cube theme. Instead I just wore a flowery top and skinny jeans. But I was wearing Rubik's cube converse shoes and had a Rubik's cube key chain hanging from her jean hook.

I felt an evil presence watching behind me. I didn't even have to look to know who it was. Be gone demon, be gone.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"They say she has eyes at the back of her horns." Drake muttered.

"Excuse me?" I demanded.

"Could you just help me?" He asked, already losing his patience.

"Please tell me you want help on homework." I begged.

"I want to solve a Rubik's cube under five minutes." Drake said in exasperation.

"I wouldn't help you if you were the last guy on Earth."

"That has nothing to do with this!"

"It has everything to do with-" I stopped herself and closed my locker, turning around to face him. I can't tell him.

"To do with what?" He stepped in front of me, so I wouldn't get away.

"Nothing, now let me get to class."

"Not until you tell me."

I sighed. "Why do you make such a huge deal out of this? Why do you want to join so badly?"

He gritted my teeth. "I don't have to tell you."

I shrugged. "Fine. Don't tell me."

Drake placed both my arms on either side of me on the lockers. That took me by surprise, making me drop my books on the floor, making a loud thud that echoed off the empty halls. He looked at me, his bright hazel eyes staring at my green ones. His lips formed a smirk, making my cheeks turn crimson. A guy never stood so close to me before. Either they were to intimidated by me or the competition, I guess.

He cocked my head to the side. "Are you blushing?" He said like a guess.

"No!" I denied, glaring at him. "It's just that, you're so close to me..."

"So you would mind if I move closer to you?" He asked, leaning closer to me being only inches from my face. I figured out what he was doing. He was actually enjoying this.

"You sadist," I growled.

He chuckled. "I'll only let you go if you teach me how to solve a Rubik's cube."

"Never."

"Then I'll kiss you, how about that?" He threatened.

"Then I'll kick you wear the sun never shines, how about that?" I retorted, making Drake scowl.

"Smart mouth."

"Sick mind."

"Rubik's cube fan girl."

"Emo delinquent."

"Forever alone."

"Forever at school."

We both glared at each other. I must looked pissed, like I'm ready to blow up. But something about him was... intriguing. Most guys would either already fall for me or stay away from me. But this guy, he actually hates me for who I am. He actually looked past me, and saw the real me. Even though he hates me, it's better than nothing. Then I remembered the situation I was in.

"Let me go." I growled, making him smirk.

He lifted her face by my chin, so I would stare at his eyes. My breathing hitched, he was inches away from me.

"What if I don't want to?" He whispered.

"I-I," I stammered, not being able to come up with a comeback.

He leaned in closer to me that I could take his smell. Then his hands found my waist.

My eyes widened. "What are you-"

"Just shut up," Drake growled.

His lips smashed into mine. My eyes widened, as I crashed back to the lockers. The impact made me close my eyes, and stay like that. My cheeks were becoming hot with embarrassment. His lips were moving in sync with mine, grinning into the kiss.

And it was war.

While I was trying to push him away, he was trying to stop me. My hands were on his head, but not to deepen the kiss but to pull his lips of mine. His hands were gripping tightly to my hips then pulling me closer to him, so are hips were against mine. I was using all of my will power to push him away, but he pressed me against the lockers. He used his lips to press my head on to the locker so I would be trapped between him and the lockers. Our bodies were so close, I could feel out heartbeats in sync. He stepped on my shoes, knowing that I was thinking of kneeing him. A groan escaped out of frustration, but he must have heard wrong and kissed me harder. I was losing the battle, my arms were about to give out.

He finally pulled away to breathe. We both were breathing heavily, catching our breath. And I used the chance to punch him. He stumbled backwards, rubbing his jaw in pain.

"Whoa." Two voices said in unison.

I glanced to see it was Westley and Max. They stood there, dumbfounded, their jaws dropped. They must have witnessed the whole kiss back there. But I ignored them and looked back at Drake, glaring at him.

"Some right hook you got there," he muttered, smiling.

"You despicable, obnoxious, repulsive jerk!" I exclaimed, wiping my mouth with my wrist.

"Is that all you got, walking dictionary?" He asked, clearly enjoying this.

"You stole my first kiss, you little- Arg!"

Drake smirked, enjoying my anger. "Well then it's an honor."

He didn't even care! That inconsiderate, narcissistic lady killer!

"I'm getting to class!" I announced, gritting my teeth.

I turned around on my heel and stormed towards Max and Westley. I grabbed both of their collars, yanking them down to my level. Both of them gulped, making me think for a second if they practice this.

"You don't dare tell anyone, right?" I demanded.

Both of them nodded eagerly, stunned at my anger. I pushed them away and stormed towards class. I didn't care if steam was coming off my ear or if I was going to turn into a body builder green monster in the next couple of minutes. But then I realized something.

He just kissed me, that means he isn't...

"You just kissed Rubix." Westley stated.

"Yeah, and?" I asked, not seeing the the big deal.

"You just kissed Rubix," He said again.

"I know."

"And it wasn't like a peck on the lips, it was a full on make out session."

"I know."

"A really, really passionate kiss."

I shook my head and burst out laughing. "Did you see her face!" I asked, getting a hold of myself after laughing. "It was priceless!"

"Yeah." Max said, not paying attention.

"Whatever," Westley muttered.

I stopped laughing and looked at them. After a very pissed off Rubix stormed away, they were like this. They wore these annoyed looked, like it was their time of the month or something.

I asked, "What's with you guys?"

"What's with us?" Max asked. "What's with you?"

I looked at them like they were talking gibberish. "What are you talking about?"

"You kissed Rubix, when she clearly didn't want to." Westley said.

"Yeah, so?"

"You can't just steal a girl's first kiss like that." Max explained.

I snorted. "Well I just did."

Max shooked his head. "That's messed up man."

"You can't possibly believe that she never been kissed before," I said. "She was clearly trying to make me feel bad."

"No she wasn't," they both said in unison.

Oh.

"She really never been kissed before." Max told me.

"Well that's stupid, how can someone as hot as her, never been kissed before?" Then I realize something. "And how do you guys know it she's never been kissed?"

They both shared a look and didn't reply.

"All I'm going to say is that Rubix is like the heart-throb of the school." Westley said.

"And that she doesn't date anyone, because it will be unfair of the other guys who asked her out," Max explained. "Yeah, she's that considerate."

"I uh-"

"And then you just come along and French her against her will, that's really... wow," Max said, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Hey you're making me sound like the bad guy."

"Cause you are!" Westley and Max said in unison.

"Seriously you guys, do you two rehearse this?"

"No!"

"Hey!"

"Stop doing that!"

I bit my lip to not chuckle at them. They could seriously be twins or something.

"And stop trying to change the subject!" They said together.

"You have to apologize to her!"

"I'm not going to do that."

"Well you better!"

"That's the last thing I'll ever do!"

"You like her!"

"I hate her!"

Both of them blinked. "What?"

"I mean, uh-"

"Whoa, so this is one of those love-hate relationships?" Westley asked, being a bit excited.

"I don't know about the love part, but the hate, yeah." I said.

Westley squealed. Wait, hold up, he squealed?

"I give them a month," Max bet.

"Be more realistic Max, probably by the end of the school year." Westley said.

Max snorted. "You kidding, these guys got no self control. A month."

"But the challenge..."

"What challenge?" I asked.

"Nothing," they said simultaneously.

Max and Westley glared at each other. Then the both lifted an arm, waved it and started to move. The freaky part was that they were doing it like a mirror.

"This is getting weird," Both of them concluded.

"Let me guys assure you that there's nothing between me and Rubix."

"It's Rubix and I," Westley corrected, "Wrong grammar."

I looked at him. "Really?"

"Dude, you locked lips with her. There's something between you guys." Max said.

"No there isn't."

"He's in denial," Westley whispered loudly into Max's hear so I could hear.

"Shut up." I said.

"Wasn't that what you told her?" Max cooed.

He faced Westley, who was pretending to be Rubix.

"Oh Drake, please don't do this to me." Westley pleaded in a high pitch voice.

"Oh just shut up," Max growled in a really low voice.

They started hugging each other, but ruffling each others hair like they were kissing. I rubbed my temples, this was really... awkward.

"I don't sound like that."

"Oh Drake!" Westley sighed.

"Oh Rubix!" Max sighed.

I burst out laughing. They let go and laughed along with me. Then they stopped, and looked at me.

"You kissed Rubix." Max said in realization.

I rolled my eyes. "I thought we did this already."

"But you kissed Rubix." Westley said.

"I'm aware of that."

"So you're not..." Westley gave me a look.

"I'm not what?"

Westley blinked. "Um, forget it. Never mind."

I frowned. "What is it?"

"Nothing," Westley and Max said together.

Nothing. It's always nothing, when it's really something.

Finally!

You do not now how long I wanted those to just... KISS! Finally! I wanted them to wait for a few more chapters, but I was in the heat of the moment. So yeah. Finally!

Finally (adv)- in the end

Example: They finally kissed!

Sorry for not uploading for so long. But I finished the mission, Mission Accomplished!

Okay, so just a few minutes ago, I saw this huge daddy long legs spider crawling towards me. I screamed and asked my little brother to help me kill it. We held the broom together and squished it, then moved it to the floor. After I pushed it under the couch, my brother went back to his room. And I stood in the living room freaking out and screaming.

"It's going to come back to life and crawl towards me! Oh my Gawd! I can't believe I killed that giant spider! Ah!"

Damn you arachnophobia.

The weird part is that I love Spiderman, but I have arachnophobia.

At the right is, "I Survived" by Gloria Gaynor. Because I, survived!

I SURVIVED!

RubixCube89201