The Late Night Confessions [Destiel]

The room was dark and quiet, Castiel had his eyes closed. He listened to the sounds around him, crickets outside, Dean pacing in the kitchen, Sam telling him to stop worrying. Dean worried over Cas a lot. Cas did feel like shit, he felt empty, sad. But he'd been at the bunker for a month now and Sam and Dean and Gabriel were slowly filling up that emptiness.

Sam had found Gabe, or, Gabe had found Sam. The two never would disclose any details. Dean had found Cas. It was appropriate, the ex-angel supposed. Gabriel had feelings for Sam, Cas had feelings for Dean. The difference was, Sam knew Gabriel had feelings for him so the two had been together for a while. Dean and Cas hadn't gotten that far yet.

After an hour or so, Sam and Gabe went to bed to "sleep" and Dean settled down a bit. About a half an hour later, Dean came into Cas's room. "Cas?" the hunter called softly. Cas didn't answer. This happened almost every night.

Dean would come into the room thinking the ex-angel was asleep and he would explain how much he needed Cas, just to get it all out. After he'd said everything he needed to he'd brush his lips softly over Cas's temple, make sure he had enough blankets, and leave. Cas never talked about it. Neither did Dean.

Tonight though, Dean seemed more wrecked. "Cas," he started, like every night. Sitting on a chair they'd kept by Cas's bed when he first was found, bloody and beaten. "Cas, " he repeated again, "I need you. Man, you should've seen me when you first fell and I couldn't find you. I- I could hardly deal with it," the hunter broke off.

Cas kept listening. Was.... Was Dean crying? The hunter continued in a broken, choked voice. " I rode around all day and night looking for you. I couldn't stand the thought of losing you. I-I just... I love you Cas," Dean said brokenly. Cas opened his eyes. Dean had buried his head in his hands.

Cas reached out, cupping Dean's jaw, encouraging him to look up. Dean dropped his hands, looking at Cas. The man's eyes were red and there was a tear trailing down his cheek. Cas brushed it off with his thumb, offering a small smile. Dean looked like he wanted to say something but Cas wouldn't let him.

The ex-angel pulled Dean forward and kissed him softly. It was gentle, loving. Warm. Dean didn't react at first then pressed forward, gently running a hand through Cas's hair. The hunter pulled away after a few seconds, looking into blue eyes.

Cas put his other arm around Dean's waist and pulled him in. Dean followed easily, moving into the bed and going to Cas's side. They both lay there, exchanging lazy kisses and letting their hands slowly wander over each other's bodies. Dean proved to love running his hands through Cas's hair and Cas enjoyed it just as much.

Eventually, both their shirts were thrown to the floor but a look exchanged between the two said, "nothing further tonight." So, they stayed there, feeling each other, learning where each other's sensitives spots were, what they liked, what they disliked. Everything.

Cas placed a soft kiss on Dean's neck and buried his nose there, inhaling his scent. He smelled like motor oil and leather and something else, maybe it was just the hunter. Dean chuckled and it made Cas smile. This was just... perfect.

"Dean," Cas mumbled, wanting to say something. "Yeah Cas?" the hunter asked, trailing his fingers up and down the ex-angel's spine. He loved it when Dean did that and of course the hunter teased him about being a kitten. Cas took a deep breath, "I love you too," he said, looking up.

Dean smiled and kissed the ex-angel, taking his free hand and entwining their fingers. The hunter pulled away slightly, resting his forehead on the other man's and looking into blue eyes. Cas smiled and shifted so he was laying on Dean, head between his shoulder and neck and legs tangled together.

The two feel asleep like that, wolves couldn't tear them apart. A hunter and his angel. Though Cas had lost his grace and wings he was still an angel to Dean, perfect in every way. The next morning they woke up together, a pile of tangled limbs and skin on skin and happiness.

* A/N: Comment if you want me to continue this and make it a fic or write a sequel or something cause idk