Chapter 1

A/N: Please leave your comments! (; I need constructive criticism. (: Anyways, I know this may seem boring at first, but please please PLEASE give it a chance (: If you guys read this, I LOVE YOU GUYS TO THE MOON AND BACK. 

~

“Hello, nice to meet you, “I say, politely shaking hands with a woman. It feels like the 1,000,000th person I’ve shook hands with tonight.

I wouldn’t be in this stupid party wearing this stupid gown if my Dad hadn’t promised to buy me a new red Audi R8, since my old car has been stolen for what feels like ages ago.

My dad owns a clothing company and a few of those fancy restaurants downtown where a can of soda is almost twice as much as the regular price.

I send a text to Exton, one of my best friends.

Are you guys ready yet? I’ve been waiting for hours.

As I was waiting for his reply, I walked away from the buffet table, where I’ve been eating a few buffalo wings.

“Few” being an understatement.

We’re ready to go, and so is Spencer.  She says she just needs to pee.

Ugh. Spencer and her small bladder.

As if on cue, the emcee announces that the dance would start in 10 minutes.

I doubt they’ll make it.

The dance is the best part of this party. They can’t miss it for the world.

Okay, I admit I asked them to come so I wouldn’t seem like a loner. But it wasn’t like I forced them to go.

I tugged on my dress, silently willing it to be loose.

Just then, the music started. And it was a stupid slow song meant for those stupid slow dances for stupid couples.

And I was out here on the dance floor.

Alone.

I let out a loud groan of frustration and start trudging my way back to our table when I lost my balance.

I knew I never should’ve worn these heels.

I was never a big fan of them anyway.

A young man’s hand quickly shot to my waist, and helped me regain my balance.

I inhaled sharply, but my alarmed expression immediately turned into a happy sigh.

“Thank God you’re here, Exton! I –“

“Exton?” an unfamiliar voice says quite cockily.

What the freaking heck?

I turn around to see a guy who’s not Exton.

So much for my best friend being my knight in shining armor.

“Oh, sorry,” I blush profusely. “I thought you were a friend.”

“Obviously,” he smirks.

I look up to scan his eyes. He had messy brown hair that stuck in every possible direction and beautiful gray eyes, which surprisingly weren’t dull. They were actually bright and mysterious,  as if staring at them would take you to another universe.

His eyes are beautiful.

 I wonder if they’re contacts.

“No,” he suddenly says. I look up at him, wondering who he was talking to. “This is the natural color of my eyes.”