Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I walked. I walked past shops and past fields and streets. I just walked. I could feel the hate stares coming from whites i had never even met but i didn't care. My heart was too numb to care. What am I going to do? I looked down at Esther. I can't keep her. She's in more danger the longer she's with me. My heart felt sad, tears started welling up again. As long as Master knew I had Esther he was able to target her. I didn't care about my life, i could've died on that there street as long as Esther was fine. She was the only thing i had left of Toby and Dorothy. I had to keep her safe. I walked to an orphanage for colored babies i knew of. When i reached the front door, i just stood. Someone must've seen me walk  up because i could hear the door unlock . A short round woman appeared, 'Hello?' I just stood there. 'Ma'am? Would you like to give your baby up for adoption?" she opened her arms to take Esther in but i just couldn't let go. All i could manage to say is, 'she's not mine.' She took Esther out of my hands and said, 'Well do you mind me asking whose baby this is?' I paused...'My son's.'

                                                                               The End.