Chapter 2: Get well soon

As my eyes began to open the sounds of medical machines beeping seemed to calm me down with every beep. All I could see was nurses and doctors running back a forth like crazy ants. 

In the corner of my eyes I saw a card strapped to a small get well soon balloon. It read 

           Get well Sarah 

            I'm sorry about what happened at my house 

           hope you feel better from                       

                                                      - Dale.

Just as I closed the card my mother walked holding a cup of coffee "oh honey your awake" she said as she placed he coffee on my bedside table "mum did you see the man who left this card?" "what card?" I handed her the get well soon card,  she began to read it "Dale? Do you know this man?" she asked puzzled "yes mother he was the man who saved me from the cold" she began to look scared "Sarah what did I tell you about going with strangers?" "but mother Dale is a nice man" "okay sweetie get some sleep the nurse says after you rest we can take you home" she said tucking me in.

But my head flooded with more questions like how did he know where i was? how did he get the card here? why did the police take him away? i knew that this was something i had to find out.

As darkness fell i knew i couldn't stay in bed any longer so I crept out of bed and began heading towards the library but i had to be sneaky because if the nurses saw i would be screwed.