Chapter 1: The first meeting.

CHAPTER 1: The first meeting.

I sighed as I sat on the bench in the park. I was feeling really low. I observed as little kids ran here and there while their mothers struggled to keep up with them. It made me smile and I wished I could be as carefree as the kids. I took my phone out and looked at my inbox again. There was the message that I had been dreading.

' Ms. Blake as we have reminded you earlier your mother will run out of her medicines again and her supply has to be restocked. Request you to make the necessary arrangements at the earliest. Yours sincerely, head matron.'

I read the message once more. It would be so much easier if I could just delete it and claim that I had never received! And what about the calls you have ignored? Said a voice inside my head.

I looked around in despair and suddenly I met a pair of blue eyes. Beautiful eyes that reflected the blue summer sky. What was remarkable was the eyes were as disturbed as I felt. It seemed like they were reflecting my feelings.

Then as I just got over the eyes I saw that they belonged to the most handsome face that I had ever seen!!! I know I know sounds clichéd right? But he was one of the most gorgeous guys that I had ever seen. Scratch that! He was the most handsome guy that I had ever seen. His soft brown hair ruffled in the breeze. And he was looking at me with an annoyed expression. I looked away quickly. He must have felt uncomfortable while I was staring at him!

My face had definitely turned an unattractive shade of red. My phone rang shaking me out of my reverie. I looked at the display, it was the matron from the healthcare facility where my mom now lived. I sighed and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said and winced as I heard the matron's stern voice. "Ms. Blake thank the lord you answered! We were beginning to think something had happened to you!" I bit my lip in guilt. "I am so sorry matron. The truth is I didn't know what to say rto you as I still don't have any funds and I am still trying to get a job."

I noticed as I was talking the gorgeous guy was listening to my conversation. I shot him an annoyed look and tried talking softly. "Ms. Blake we do completely understand your predicament. We really do. But-" now her voice took on a gentler note "my girl I am truly helpless. If I could I would have done everything in my power to help you." I smiled thinking of how many times the kind lady had helped me before.

"If you want I can loan the money to you-" I cut her off. "No! Matron I really appreciate your offer but I need to do this myself. Please just give me some time and I promise I will come there and make the payments." I hung up before the matron could hear me cry. I furiously wiped the tears that fell on my cheeks.

"Excuse me" I turned to see who it was and saw to my horror it was him! Yes! That gorgeous, super hot, blue eyed boy! He was talking to me! And I was just staring at him with half dried tears in my eyes, with my mouth hanging open slightly and my snotty nose. Yes, I know, very attractive.

I finally shut my mouth and blinked at him like an idiot. "Are you alright?" He asked and I just stared at him. He cleared his throat and I snapped out of my stupidity and nodded. "Yes I am fine. I am good. All good."

He stared at me like I had lost my mind. But it wasn't my fault he was sitting close to me. So close to me that I could smell the fragrance he was wearing. It was rich, spicy and woody. And to tell you the truth it was making it quiet difficult for me to think clearly. "Well hi! My name is Jude" he held his hand out. I shook it and said "Natasha Blake."

To my astonishment he started laughing. I looked at him annoyed and snapped "what is so funny?" To which he replied "nothing its just the way you told your name its like Bond James Bond." I looked at him and had to smile. His smile was infectious!

"So Natasha" he asked looking at me with those beautiful eyes, "do you live here?" I rolled my eyes and replied, "no way! I could never afford living here!" As soon as the words were out of my mouth I regretted saying them.

Seriously? I mean seriously! Who says that. You either say a yes or a no! Who the hell says that they can't afford to live here. Oh I know who does- I do! I looked at him blushing furiously. I wanted the earth to open so I could jump in it and it could close over me! Mercifully he ignored my stupid comment.

We just sat there in silence. I was contemplating about my problem. I had to find a job. I had recently quit my job as a waitress at a cafe because I had finally stood up to the lechy manager who had been harassing me and another girl.

I couldn't take his hands 'accidentally brushing' against my body everytime he was around me. But I really needed a job and had even convinced myself for sometime that all his touching was accidental.

Anyway, it was time for me to search for a job because I had to not only pay for my mother's medication but also had to support myself. I had just graduated this year and it had been an awful year when I had tried to manage studying, working and visiting my mom. "So" said Jude "I kinda overheard that you need a job?"

I looked at him indignantly. How dare he overhear my conversation and then have the guts to say that to me. I was just about to voice my thoughts when he spoke up. " I have the perfect job for you." I stared at him hardly believing what I had heard.

A group of children ran past us laughing, chasing a dog. Then my mind started working. I am sitting on a park bench, talking to a complete stranger and actually considering a job offer from him. What if he was one of the weirdos who you know well who pick up girls in the park and ask them to sleep with them in exchange of money? Or maybe worse.

What if he wanted to make some kinky videos starring me? I would be a complete idiot if I continued this conversation. Yet the next words out of my mouth were "what job is it?"

He looked up at me. He was a little hesitant. This did nothing to allay my fears! It just made me think that maybe I was right. He does want me to do something stupid.

As he pondered over what he had to say I thought, what if he wants me to do something illegal? Like deliver drugs for him or maybe help him rob someplace? He looked rich though. He was wearing a polo sport T-shirt and his shoes were converse. Well maybe he had to steal to live the high life, if you know what I mean.

"I want you to come and live with me.". Smack! I don't know how but it seemed that my hand moved of its own accord. How dare he suggest something like that. This time though I voiced my thoughts.

" Look you rich rat. I don't care how rich you are and what perks go with being rich. If you thought that I will sleep with you and that if you use the euphimism 'come live with me' for it and if you think I am going to be all smiles and fall down your feet in gratitue you are wrong" I yelled the last bit out and quiet a few people were looking our way.

But I didn't care. Yes I needed a job, yes I needed it very badly and yes I had very less time to get one but no way was I going to resort to prostituition! Jude seemed to have recovered. " Get your mind out of the gutter. Confident much? Who said anything about you sleeping with me? Seriously? I have my pick of girls and I don't need to pay anyone thank you very much!"

I stared at him. "Then whatever do you want of me?" Personally I was a little miffed. I wasn't sure whether I was releived or hurt with what he had just said.

I found myself wondering what did he have in mind.........

A/N: Hi! this is my first upload on wattpad. I guess i would be really happy if even 10 people read it!!! I just came to know about this site a few months ago and decided i had to upload my stories too. please let me know if you guys liked it and leave a comment :) if there are any errors please point em out (kindly) as i have typed this on my Black Berry! Thanks. Cheers!