Chapter 5

(Ross POV)

            I dragged my feet into my bedroom and threw my bags of new clothes. It was dark in the room except for the light next to Ryland’s bed. He had fallen asleep watching monkey videos again. Sad to say I think my brother has an addiction and needs help. He keeps telling us the only cure is to buy him one. Riker, Rocky, and Ratliff are down in the man cave playing Battlefield 3 on separate x-box’s. 

I took my shirt off and threw it in the hamper. I laughed at my brother drooling on his pillow. I walked over and took the I-pad and logged into twitter. I decided to send out a tweet to all of my fans to let them know I am not dead.

New Tweet:

“Hey everyone! I had an amazing first day on my family vacation! How did everyone’s day go? Try and guess where I am at? ;)”

“R5Lover12: @RossR5 Ooooo um um Mexico? Because your soooo hot”

“BeckyR5Dreamer: @RossR5 Are you in Canada?!? OMG!! I would flip if you were!”

I laughed to myself. They will find out sooner or later. Pap’s always find us…

I logged out of my twitter and turned off the light. I slid into bed and turned towards the window and looked out onto the water. Then I saw something block my view outside my window. It jumped onto the balcony. I quickly jumped up and grabbed a large book off my end table. The figure walked towards the door and opened it. I braced myself to fight back.

“Ross. Ross.” A familiar voice said, “It’s just me.” The figure walked closer and I then noticed it was Rocky.

I quickly ran my hands through my hair. I dropped the book on my bed.

“Dang it, Rocky. I almost hit you over the head with this book.”

He laughed, “Cause a large paperback book is going to do lots of damage.”

“How did you get on the balcony?” I asked.

“I slide through my bedroom window and side climbed on the roof about a foot from the balcony. Parkour practice. Anyways… that is not what I came up here.” He explained.

I looked at him curiously, “Then why are you here?”

He took a mask out of his pants. The party…

“No.” I immediately said.

“I am going to go without you whether you like it or not.” He smiled. “But I brought an extra mask while shopping so you could wear it.”

Damn it…I can’t let him go by himself and cause trouble…He could expose us…

“Alright…I’m in.” I sighed. He throws the mask to me smiling.

“Great! Trust me you won’t regret it little bro! Our first high school party! Get into your board shorts and Hawaiian shirt. Put your wetsuit in a bag for later….Oh and don’t forget to spray some cologne on for the girls, cause you know…” he winked.

I rolled my eyes, “I am not looking to have girls all over me…”

He started to walk towards the window, “Ok Romeo...I will meet you down below the balcony. Jump into the hammock. Works every time.” He says as he runs out onto the balcony and jumps. I saw a faint glow of a fire in the distance which could only be the bonfire.

I set the mask on the bed and slid my hands through my hair until it stood on end. I laughed to myself like a crazy person. ‘What am I getting into?’ I thought, ‘God only knows…’ I shook my hair into place.