Part 2, Chapter 9

Today is the 20th of January, a full 2 months sense Connor has snaked his way into my heart and a slow, harsh 3 weeks of being in a state of constant dismay, dispite my best intentions. As I'm packing my belongings, flipping and stuffing papers into my bag, my phone buzzes for the first time in what feels like an enternity.

"I have information.
- D"
Information? If this is my father trying out his new Police equipment I sw-

"After school, look for the Squad Car"

Sighing, and somewhat amused, I don't reply and go on with my day. Up and down the halls a constant chatter of vulgar and broken speech caused by different people seem to have taken shape as a puzzle. Absorbing the scattered, and bazzare, bits of information like water to a parched fish. It's hilarious to see what kind of images and ideas you can come up with this tactic. Edit a few of them and it summarizes an entire, new, story.

As the day progresses, I develop stories, poetry, ideas, and inspiration from these small and insuffecient bits of sentences. I'm actually compelled to build on some of the topics that were peiced together.
Geology, 7th and final period. There's a test, and nothing planned afterward. Needless to say, I rushed through it with 45 minutes to spare. I begin to process and construct plots and characters for each story, going so far as to jot down reference sheets for every one. Five minutes pass, or so it feels. Ten. Fifteen.
DING
I jumped in my seat. My teacher is sitting at his desk, staring at me with a smug smirk.
Im the only one in here
"Four minutes, Sinclair. I'm impressed at your dedication."
The clock states 3:19, four minutes after the first bell, so that must have beenthe final one. He laughs, and so do I. He waves me out and I head to the courtyard, where my friends are waiting for me. Honestly, we look like a canine clique that has allowed a feline exeption. For diversity sake.
I walk up to them and smile, although they do not share the same pleasentries.
"We know." Says Erin, a tall, muscular and lowkey attractive Fox.
"I know, I know." I reply, jokingly but reserved. "That Geology test killed me grade"
Erin, nor any of the five were impressed.
"You know what we mean, Sinclair" Randy is really odd about this. But now I'm cornered and vulnerable.
"I.. I really don't?"
"Yer a faggot, aren't ye?" Jason pipes up from the back, his Irish accent ever so present.
"And you had the audacity.." growls Conny, the one feline. By now they're all snaring, but Randy, being the Corgi, was trying to keep up his threat. I can see through the clever guise.
"You never told us! That's hurtful Claire!" Screamed Conny. She jumpes on me, hanging on my shoulders as the rest of them laugh. Jason and Randy high five and point at Erin.
"Called it!" They both yell simultaneously. Erin shrugs and playfully pushes me.
"We saw the notes and writings you leave behind in classes, that's how we know."
I'm guessing Jason could see the confusion and slight distress in my eyes because he grabbed my arm and smiled at me.
"Not a thing has changed, mate!" After a few seconds of laughter and support, they wave themselves off to the buses.
And that's my qeue for the car.