Chapter Eight: Bittersweet

Author's Note

So some of this was written on my iPod, so part of it looks strange (You can thank my poopy computer for that one.) 

I'll try to work on the next chapter ASAP (but comments honestly help motivate me. They show me that people are actually reading. I love them :) 

Enjoy!

-thevelvetrose

.........................................................................................

RECAP:

“You’re unique and not human. My parents… Well you’ll meet them. They aren’t exactly normal themselves.”

“You’re not either.”

“I was living in—“

“If you dare say ‘the hood’ I will turn this ship around.”

I laughed. Tristan, though a pain at times, can seriously turn the mood around quickly. He was such a mystery to me; I wasn’t sure what he’d do next no matter how many times I tried guessing.

“Ready to head to earth?” he asked.

“Definitely.” 

Chapter Eight: Bittersweet

IT WAS VERY STRANGE entering planet earth as if it were nothing important or awesome. Tristan seemed to be oblivious to the incredible site of tiny houses and cars driving by. Maybe it's because I've never really flown before. 

    He also was in pain from getting shot, so that might also be the reason he didn't care. 

    "Where do your parents live?" he asked.

    "Um... I don't know exactly where, but I have a few guesses..."

    "You don't know where they live?" Shock was thick in his voice. 

    "They move around a lot... I'm guessing in California by the beach judging by the season. It looks nice out. Perfect jewelry season."

    "Jewelry?"

    "My mom sells jewelry and my dad sells unique objects he has made. Like a hand painted sea shell or something."

    "They sound interesting."

    I shifted nervously in my seat. Three years I have moved around and hadn't talked to them. Maybe a phone call around Christmas or a birthday if I remember, but they couldn't call me because I didn't have a number for the longest time. Three years I've hidden.

    "We should be there in ten minutes. I will hide the ship first...

    Tristan managed to hide it in a storage shed that he paid for. The man didn't even see the ship when Tristan asked for a large storage building at 'Randy's stow and go'. It was funny to see us hide it and lock the beautiful ship in a rusty orange shed in the very back of the fifty or so sheds. 

    Randy, the owner, didn't even see Tristan drive by it in. Even if he did, he probably thought it was some new limo or some kind of black sleek bus. 

    "How's your leg?" I asked with my brows pushed together. 

    "It has had better days..." he muttered and continued limping towards the beach.

    We took two cabs and a bus to get to the beach, but the strange thing was that no one seemed to notice Tristan and his bloody jeans. Maybe they thought he was an actor because, though I hate to admit it, Tristan could definitely make it as some actor because of his looks.