Chapter Six: Why I'm here

RECAP:

Even though he’s a complete creep and this doesn’t begin to describe how horrible of a thing he has done; I still don’t think he’s bad. Maybe it’s because I’ve lived in the hood and tend to read people easily.

Honestly, just looking at the guy, you wouldn’t believe that he’s strange or a creep. I looked at Tristan eating his strange sandwich. Tristan is good I think, I mean, if he were human, I could see him as a model doing charity work and having a girlfriend.

Tristan finished his food and wiped his mouth with the red cloth napkin. Once he took a gulp of water from his glass, he looked at me.

“Tomorrow is the day you get your shot,” he told me, completely serious.

Scratch all of that. I hate him. 

**********************************************************************

I WATCHED AS TRISTAN was doing push ups in the middle of the small room. I’ve been here nearly a week and everyday he does two hundred push ups a day.

“Why are you doing them?” I asked him with my legs pulled to my chest.

“Because,” he panted in between push ups. “I need to stay in shape. I can’t look this incredible without a little pain.” He shoved himself off of the ground and to his feet in one quick movement.

“Oh, well it’s not helping,” I lied and buried my face in my hands.

“Pft, it obviously is— why are you hiding?” He looked at me.

I was peeking at him through my fingers like a little child in trouble. I have been hiding from him all week, and each time he would pound me with questions of to why I was hiding behind my hands. And each time I’d answer—

“Because I can. Because this situation of mine is tough to handle, and because I can’t look at you anymore.”

“Oh… you get grumpy quickly. Is your blood sugar low?”

“This isn’t about my blood sugar, why must you keep getting distracted easily?” I grumbled and covered my face yet again.

“Listen.” His hand touched my shoulder in what was supposed to be a warm moment, but I immediately slapped it away.

“Don’t touch me.”

“I’m sorry about all of this.” For once, he was actually in a calm and serious mood.

I put my hands down on my knees and looked at him through my hair, only to see that he wasn’t there anymore. Quickly I scanned the room to see that he was standing by the window.

“I never knew my mom. She died giving birth to me…” He looked at me with sky blue eyes that were almost the same exact color as mine were.

“Oh… I’m sorry…” I was apologizing? I couldn’t believe I was saying that to my kidnapper.

“My dad never talked about her, so I’m not really broken about it. She has always just been a complete stranger to me.”

“Sometimes I wish that my parents were strangers,” I blurted.

“Why?”

“Never mind.”

“You have never answered my question about why you don’t live with them.”

“You checked my records right? Don’t you know a little about them?”

“I never could find where they lived or anything, but I wasn’t exactly searching for them. Why?”