E i g t e e n

I woke up in a panic, thinking of the last time I saw Mel. Every night since she passed away I've had the same nightmare. It's almost as if she was trying to tell me something thru dreams. My mom always used to say when her grandma died she would pop up in random dreams as if a sign she was okay.
I got out of bed and went to the restroom, getting the courage to take on the day ahead. Melany's funeral. I haven't spoken to Anyone since last week. My moms letting me stay in bed and not do anything, which for me is the best that could happen. Grayson tried calling a few times but j never picked up. I knew I was going to have to see him today which I wasn't ready for. I got ready as any normal day except my clothes was a simple black dress, it belonged to Mel. I looked in the mirror as I remember mel wearing the dress. It was a dance reception and she pulled it off beautifully.

Our car pulled up to the cemetery slowly and long awaiting. I had seen where her grave was with atleast 20 people already there.
My mom turned to look to me.
"We got this." She said grabbing my hand and smiling. I smiled back and got out of the car.

"Melany Harper reeves, was priceless. She brought life in every situation." A man who I had seen once or twice before said.
I saw Grayson and Ethan in the corner of my eye talking. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.
"I see we have 2 new accompanies to the service." A priest had said looking at me and my mom. I awkwardly smiled and waved.
"I'm Cassandra." My mom said smiling and waving.
"I'm Lauren."
"Lauren Conrad?" The priest asked. I nodded.
"If you don't mind will you say a few words?"
"Oh course" I say looking at him in the eyes.

"Hello everyone. I'm Lauren, and melany was my best friend. My sister in fact. Now I've had a lot of time to process this, and still cannot. Knowing I can't call or text her is one of the things I will never connect. I've woken up each day calling her phone to hear her voicemail." I began to tear up. "And melany I know you can hear me. I just want you to know that I loved you so much. You were that one person I could never leave. And for all of you who knew melany, we are blessed. She was taken way to soon." I stopped myself there because I didn't want to tell everyone how I actually felt. Life is a shit show. I didn't want the life I have. I just want to be with Mel because a life without Melany is no life at all. "Thank you." I say smiling and walking back to my mom. She held me tight and comforted me. I saw Graison staring at me so I looked up and mouthed-talk later.

"Hey." Grayson said as we walked around the memorial as everyone was almost gone.
"Hi." I chuckle. "Listen, gray... I'm sorry for literally everything. I know that skating thing was crap and I don't want to be alone in this world." I say looking at him. He smiled with out any words and pulled me in. "I'm sorry too."

K guys I'm back and I know this chapter sucked but i have serious writers block ://////