Chapter 11...

Unedited.

Enjoy. xxx :)

~~~~~~~

Waitresses and Laughter

Hanna was on her feet in seconds, already moving out of the booth as quick as possible while shouldering her bag and trying to avoid brushing past Sam who had now reached their table.

"I've got to go, Jim.  I'll speak to you about this later."  Sam watched as she avoided him completely and started for the door at a brisk walk.

"Hanna wait!" Jim was out of his seat and moving after her before Sam could even think about it.  "I really don't like the idea of you staying on your own."

"Why not?  You said so yourself, there is nothing to worry about, it's perfectly safe."  

It wasn't until that moment that Sam noticed the strain lines across Jim's face and the fear that leak through Hanna's annoyance at him, she was hiding it will but it was there, clear for him to see.  Sure, she was pissed off and probably hurt but there was something else going on here and with that thought worry and concern hit him with the full force of a freight train.

"Hey! What's going on?" he asked stepping after Jim.

"Nothing!"  Was the curt response Sam received from Hanna.  She didn't bother looking at him, she barely acknowledged him for that matter and seemed once more determined to get out of there but Jim had somehow manoeuvred himself between her and the exist.

"Just think about it as a precaution," Jim pleaded again.

With a sigh Hanna stepped away from him, practically colliding with Sam, pinching her nose in frustration. "Jim, thank you but no thanks.  I'm done talking about this.  Now if you can please get out of my way I would like to leave."  She spoke calmly and firmly but it was clear to all that she was close to snapping.

Thinking of helping her out for a change, Sam grabbed Jim's arm and hauled him aside.  "Jim, let her go man."  Apparently that was definitely the wrong thing to do.  Hanna's eyes snapped to his with a look that suggested she would rather prefer for  him to melt repeatedly in a pit of molten lava then have him help her. to top that off as she slipped around them, Jim jerked his arm away, just about elbowing him in the face and went chasing after the now rapidly fleeing girl.

Sam couldn't help himself he stood, stunned watching out of the restaurants windows as Hanna reached her car and ripped the door open only to have it snapped closed in front of her almost instantly by Jim.  They exchanged a few heated words, Jim pleading and Hanna angrily shaking her head.  After a few seconds she pointed toward is hands that had Jim looking down and then back towards the restaurant, which was all the distraction Hanna needed.  She was in the car with the door closed and locked before JIm could stop her.  Evading someone like Jim was near enough impossible but somehow both his wife and this little mit of a women had succeeded in achieving the impossible.  The sight of it lifted Sam's spirits slightly but they were quickly dashed again by Hanna's car disappearing on the interstate.  Jim threw his hand up in the air in frustration and marched back into the restaurant eating up the short distance with his long stride.

"This is your fault!" he growled as he approached him.

"What!"

"Do you have any idea what you have done?"

"Actually no, but if you don't get out of my face you and I will have a real problem really soon." Sam snapped back, squaring up to his brother.  They were pretty evenly matched, Jim maybe boarder in the shoulders but otherwise there wasn't much in it.