Chapter Fourteen

Since we're seniors and we were graduating, today to be exact. I had been accepted to Berkley, which had been my dream school since the age of nine. Marcel never really told me what university he was going to attend. He always changed the subject or didn't answer. It was frustrating, but I let him do whatever. I knew he wasn't going to leave me alone in California.

Marcel is a Valedictorian in our class, and I have never been more proud of him. His mother came along to the graduation and she was gorgeous. She welcomed me with the most tightest hug, I felt like she was my mother.

Harry had been accepted to Cambridge University and will be travelling back to Cheshire in July. Though that kid could be stubborn, he's pretty smart. It made me sad that he has to go, but I knew that made him happy. He was pretty excited that he would be seeing his mother after so long.

Nicole and I still hasn't spoken since that day, but I wish her the best in what life gives her. David, well lets just say karma came, and he is currently going to a community college to fix his life a bit,

I sat on my seat, playing with the sleeves of my graduation gown. I wore a casual white dress to match Marcel's attire. Marcel sat next to me with his hand on my leg. I could tell he was nervous with the speech he was asked to write and present for the class of '13. Harry sat right next to him with his girlfriend Jennifer. He was excited for the life ahead of him, he and Jennifer. Though they will be a couple of hours apart, Jennifer being accepted into Manchester University. They will make it work. They are such a strong couple, and it makes me smile to see Harry what he is now.

Yes, high school was a blast. I met friends, and lost some. But that's part of life. High School has been such a blessing for me. I am so thankful that me and Marcel met and we are what we are now.

The graduation ceremony begun, and Marcel stood up to go say his speech. His lips were shaking along with his hands. I kissed him on the cheek, and he then became much more calm. "Good luck", I said only using my lips. He got up and adjusted the microphone.

"Hi, I'm Marcel Styles, valedictorian of the Class of 13. I had just entered this school from Cheshire in England. But this year has to be one I will never forget. You see, things happened in my life and encouraged me to prove people wrong. I met this girl named Kassidy Holmes, whom was accepted to Berkeley and she changed me. High School wasn't welcoming to me as much as I'd hope, but with her I felt more than welcomed in Knight High. My brother, Harry, has been the best brother in the whole wide world. He and I lost our bond through the years being in different countries, but our bond was fixed and I am glad it was. I know it's just been a year since I've been here in Knight, but I've learned so much and grown up so much as a person. Without this decision of moving out to California, I would've never been able to be what I am now. Yes, I am a geek. I love maths with all my heart and I embrace the though of theorems. But I am proud to be one, I am proud to be a valedictorian and be with the most beautiful girl in the world. I am proud to be a brother of a future Cambridge student. I am proud of every single person sitting in their seats right now. I am proud to be a Knight. I am a Knight, forever and always."

And Just like that, the crowd went wild. They started to cheer and wipe their tears from the corners of their eyes.

Marcel came back and a smile grew on his face.

"I'm proud of you, baby", I smiled and rested my head against his broad shoulders.

Names started to be called one by one, receiving their diploma and moving their tassel to the other side.

"Kassidy Holmes!", the principal said and handed me my diploma. I shook his hand and moved the tassel to the other side. I could honestly hear my mom shouting in the background and Marcel, Harry and Jennifer was clapping whilst in line.

"Marcel Styles!"

I clapped happily and proud. His smile could be seen miles away and his dimples popped up slightly.

Harry and Jennifer's names were called and Marcel and I cheered and clapped endlessly. Harry seemed so embarrassed but laughed it off.

At the end of the ceremony, I ran to my mom and gave her a huge hug.

"I'm so proud of you Kassidy. I love you so much", she smiled.

"I love you too mom", I smiled.

After speaking to my mom, Marcel and I walked over to his mother and step dad. Marcel was talking to his step dad and his mother walked up to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Hi, Kassidy. Congrats", she smiled sweetly.

"Thank you so much Ms. Twist. I'm really proud of your son, You raised him right you know", I said with a grin on my face and she returned a slight smile.

"Call me Anne, darling", she laughed, "Yeah, I'm so proud of him. I am just so happy he's coming back to England for university. I really missed him."

I nodded pretending I knew what was going on, but really my heart dropped and shattered in a million pieces.

~

Ta da! Well, that is the end of this book! Thank you so much for all the lovely comments and such. Be prepared for the sequel coming in the next few days! I am pretty excited for it! Please do read it if you enjoyed this story! More of Kassidy and Marcel to come. I haven't quite decided the name yet, but I will tell you as soon as I put it up! I love you guys so much!

VOTE AND COMMENT x