Helpless

Autumn's POV:

I watched as Cody's tall shadow hovered over Marcel. I placed Remmie down on the couch and stood up. "He didn't come here on his own, he walked me home." 

"Wow, Autumn your taste in guys are really degrading isn't it?" Cody laughed. 

My face was still serious. "He wouldn't be here if you came and picked me up from detention." 

Cody was obviously annoyed, "I was busy and Hunter invited me to the batting cages." 

I sighed. I was always the forgotten one out of the three of us. "Whatever.. I got home anyways." Remmie tugged on my sweater and I looked over at her. She pointed at the door and I saw our parents walk in. "Mom! Dad!" 

"Oh, hi sweetie.." My mom fixed her messy hair. "Who's this?" Motioning over to Marcel. 

Marcel stood up and Cody rolled his eyes. "H-Hi, I'm Marcel Styles. Autumn's... um.." He looked at me. 

I tried not to laugh at the thought of saying he was my friend. We never hung out really. "Marcel's my friend." 

"Oh, nice to meet you." My dad shook his hand. 

Marcel smiled, "I think I should get going, my mom is probably freaking out by now." 

My mom and dad nodded. "I'll walk you out, Marcel.." I walked out the door with Marcel trailing behind. 

"Your parents are nice." He said. 

I smiled, "They're nicer when they're not tired from working too much."

"Cody didn't seem too happy." 

I chuckled, "He's a douche. Remmie is the sweet one." I looked over at the road and it was really dark. "Are you sure you want to walk this late?" 

Marcel looked at the road and shrugged, "I have to get home." 

I couldn't let Marcel walk all alone. "Let me grab my keys, I'll drive you." 

"No! No need to!" Marcel stopped me. 

"No, Marcel. I'm not letting you walk all alone. Even if I have to drag you to my car, I will." I laughed. 

Marcel gave in and nodded. I grabbed my keys to my Range Rover and drove to his house. "Thanks for the ride." He shut the door and smiled at me.

I opened the window and yelled out, "Thanks Marcel!" He waved back at me and went inside his house. 

He's not that big of a dork when he's out of school. 

Marcel's POV:

"I was worried sick!" My mom hugged me. 

I smiled, "I walked a friend home, because she was scared since it was getting dark."

My mom's eyebrows rose, "She?" 

I nodded, "But we're not in a relationship. She had detention after school."

"Detention?! Don't mix up with troubled teens, Marcel. I don't want you getting in trouble now," She went to the kitchen and I followed. "Go wash up and come back for dinner." 

I went to my room and placed my bag on the ground. After I washed up, I went back downstairs and my sister, Gemma was already eating. I sat next to her and started to eat. 

"I heard you walked Autumn home today." Gemma broke the silence. 

"Yeah, so? How did you find out?" I asked, taking a sip of water.