Street Rat 6

Part 6 yo! Suddenly got very inspired. I <3 music yo. It's awesme sometimes.

____________________________

The lush forest greenry brushed against my fur as the Absol and I wound our way back to the den. We hadn't had any trouble on the way back, even though we walked through the center of town. All the shops were closed and the streets were empty. We were shocked when even the local drinking spot was locked up. The only thing that had stirred was the dust as the wind blew. It was like a ghost town. We had walked in silence until now, when I realized I didn;t even know the name of the powerful pokemon strolling by my side.

"W-What's your name?" I asked nervously. I wondered if Flash had told him mine. Or if Flash had been the one to organize the rescue mission. The others that had escaped with us had vanished long ago, but I had a feeling I would be seeing many of them very soon.

"It's Jakk. And your Shenzi?" He didn't even glance at me as he said this. His pace was suprisingly brisk. Then again, he was rather tall for an Absol. But then again i'm rather short for a Houndoom... We'll just say he's tall.

"Yes. That's me..." I though I heard him chuckle at my dull answer. I gazed at him questioningly, my head cocked to the right a little.

"You almost act like it's a bad thing." He grinned a little. His pale white mane blew in the wind as we reached a clearing. The air was colder and crisper again. It was only mid-fall, but sometimes a stray snowstorm would blow in from the mountians. It would cover the earth in its delicate flakes, which entertained the young ones for hours, giving their parents a break. I sometimes wondered what it was like, leaving your children in a cave with strangers, not knowing if they would be there when you got back.... if you came back. It wasn't untill he awkwardly cleared his throat did I notice that I had wandered off into thought.

"Sorry..." I mumbled, glancing at my paws as we kept walking. "Mind wandered..."

"S'kay. Flash said you did that sometimes... He'll be happy you're back..."

"Sure..." but for some reason I had my doubts. I didn't know why. Maybe I had been gone so long he wouldn't even see me the same way. It was the thought of seeing his smiling face again that kept me sane behind bars, but now I almost wanted to run back. Honestly, it had been a growing pit in my stormach, knawing at the back of my mind while we walked. I hoped he was right....

It was nearly dusk by the time we arrived back at the den, and the first flakes were just starting to fall; Yet already three or four little ones were bounding aound the clearing outside, trying to keep the little crystals from touching the ground. Some of them I hadn't seen before, which meant we had more residents then when I had been arrested. That was over a month ago. Jakk pushed a bush aside and lifted the trapdoor, allowing me to slide in before him.

"Thanks." I muttered, ducking below the door and squeezing into the hall. I had forgotten what it was like to breath in this musty air and feel the pebbles beneith my pawpads.. When I heard the trapdoor thump closed behind me I stepped to the side and allowed Jakk to pass. For some reason, I didn't want to go first. His sheer size hid me for the entire journey down the winding corridors carefully stablized by pillars of stone. It wasn't until we reached the main cave that someone noticed me.

"Shenzi!" someone yelped, and I found myself squished in a bear hug. Literally.

"Tremor, you're squishing me!" I manage to gasp in order to prevent the Ursaring from crushing my ribs.

"Right, sorry. I'm just so excited!"

"It's fine. Just don't do it again." By this point I had regained my breath, and I laughed. I noticed Jakk had stopped near the entrance to the cave and was sitting by himself, but was too overwhelmed with attention that I swiftly forgot. It wasn't until I pried the last Purrloin kit off my leg did I remember him there. By now he was lying down, his eyes watching me carefully. The others were glancing at him suspicously. Obviously he was not allowed to join their fun.

I bounded over to him, my head still spinning from my welcome. He looked a little shocked someone was talking to him, but then he realized it was me.

"Why don't you come sit with the others?" I asked,, genuinely concerned.

"They don't trust me." Such a plain answer. He said it like he was reciting a law. Emotionless, like it was never going to change. "They don't trust me. They blame me for your arrest. They said if I had just died out there like I should have, it never would have happened.

"But it would have, sooner or later. Even I can't escape forever."

"Yes, but they would have it be later, rather than sooner."

The others were still staring at him suspicously, their hostile glares making the fur on my neck stand.

"Well, I don't hold a grudge."

"Good. That makes two of you... Have you seen Flash?"

"No..." I mumbled, I had been hoping he would come welcome me back, but he was nowhere to be found. I had scoured the crowd, but there was no sight of his sleek golden and white fur. "But maybe he'll be back soon."

"Hopefully. I need a place to sleep. I've been sleeping in YOUR den since you left." He chuckled darkly. His mood was a little bit brighter now, his breathing a little easier. "But now that the lady has returned I can't stay there. I don't think your companions would take that to nicely." He laughed and winked. I laughed too, his was making my day a little better.

"Hey Flash!" I heard someone in the crowd yell. "Your kight in shining armour has returned with the princess." Flash strolled through the crowd, staring at me in shock. Obviously, he hadn't expected me to return. Which meant he hadn't organized my rescue. Jakk did. I felt him rise behind me and saw his stroll out to meet Flash halfway.

"Consider my debt repaid." Jakk said, and strolled off in the direction of Flash's den. The crowd parted to let him pass. And then it was just Flash and I standing there... Until the Glacion walked in.

____________

OOOOH SNAP. There's a Glacion. What now? Idk.... Just an irritated Shenzi i suppose. What do you think of Jakk? And hat of his name? I couldn't think of a better name ^^' oops. Well if you don't like it, get over it. He's cool.