Part 2

I splashed through the stream, Flash trudging after me. My pelt was soaked and I was tired, but that Absol had to be found before he led the law enforcers right to our door, the hotbed of criminal activity. Scrambling through anpther tunnel in the brambles, Iscented the air again. We had been searching for this guy all night, and the train of blood we were following told us he hadn't gotten away unscathed from his fight and fleeing. It was an easy trail to follow, but when we passed by the cops they were completely lost. From the looks of it, he was heading to our current den. Someone must have tipped him off. My paws flew a little faster. Soaking wet from the stream, we were hastily washing away the blood trail with our dripping fur. It was going to rain soon, the air was heavy from the smell, and once it did the rest of the trail would be wiped away. They didn't have any good trackers in the police, but i have the feeling they'll go for the Rescue Teams if they keep going in circles. We bounded over a log, and the trail stopped. Turning, I saw him lying under the large fallen tree. Broken and bruised, he looked like he was in bad shape.

Flash howled, and a flutter of wings sounded above us.

"Risa Reporting." The Staraptor said, looking down from the branch of a nearby tree.

"Risa, find Tremor and get him over here." Flash snapped as i slid under the log next to the Absol. He twitched, and I could hear his shallow breathing. He was a little older than us from his looks, but that didn't matter.

"Hey," I whispered, "What's your name kid?"

"wah?" He was disoriented, and I prodded him again with my paw.

"I said what's your name."

"Name? Oh, it's... it's...." and he was out again.

"He's in bad shape, Flash. He's exhausted and lost a lot of blood."

The thundering pawsteps behind us alerted us to Tremor's arrival. He was a large Ursaring, and the most brutal of the criminals. His powerful muscles rippled as he stood, watching me curiously as I grabbed Absol by the scruff of his neck and dragging him out from under the log.

"What's that?" Tremor asked.

"A comrade." Flash said as he carefully looked over Absol.

"Carry this." I growled through the fur in my mouth, stumbling over to Tremor.

"Right," and took Absol from me.

Turning, i sent a flamethrower over the log, creating a flaming obsticle for the cops, if they even got THIS far. Afterwards, we slid into the underbrush and began to make our way back to the den.