Liz's Confrontation

Kou's POV

Still a bit drowsy, I rub my eyes hoping it will help me wake up. I been so stress these pass couple of days that I've been lacking sleep. Rolling around on my twin size bed I reach for my phone to see what time it was. Eleven a.m.? I never woke up this late and I have Nate and Kevin to blame for that.

Just as I promise Nate, I spent time really thinking about his confession. I still couldn't believe that he would confess to me. I mean what does he even see in me? Not only is he good-looking, nice and funny, but he treats me well and is very kind-hearted even though he doesn't show it. He's everything I ever wanted in a boyfriend and more. Yet, when I look at him my heart doesn't beat with anticipation. So after long hours of contemplating I have realize that what I feel for Nate is no other than friendship. Although he can always be there to confront me and make me laugh, I can never see myself as his girlfriend.

I'm honestly scared of turning him down though, I mean I have never rejected someone's confession before. I just assume I would like whoever found me attractive enough to even ask me to be their girlfriend, or even catch their attention. Now I know it's not as easy as it seems. I never thought I would have to turn down someone's confession, I always thought I would be the one heart broken. Now I know that rejecting someone is just as painful as being rejected. As much as I didn't want to hurt Nate, he deserves to know how I feel about him. There are so many girls out there that are much better than me. There's someone who is not only better for him but will feel the same way towards him too.

After finally deciding that I would give Nate's reply to him on Monday at school, I was ready to get some sleep. I was all nice and cuddle up in my bed ready to sleep, and yet it didn't come. Now that I have resolved my worries about Nate, I had another trouble maker on my mind, Kevin. I swear he will be the death of me, just thinking about him makes my head hurt. Ever since he confess to me I have yet gotten decent sleep because he was always on my mind. So I just laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling, thoughts running through my mind.

How do I feel about Kevin?

I honestly wasn't sure. I known him for most of life and I have never thought of him more than a friend. But why is that when I imagine being Kevin's girlfriend it makes me excited and happy, and with Nate there is no feelings at all. Does this mean that I like Kevin enough to be his girlfriend or is this feeling something else? How do I approach these emotions that I am going through when I don't even know what these feelings are?

I didn't fall asleep until 4 in the morning, and once again Kevin was the last thing I thought about before I feel asleep. Having no desire to go anywhere today, I got up, put on a pair of gray sweatpants along with a black hoodie. I strolled to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I grab my phone on top of my bed ready to head downstairs for brunch. To my surprise Kevin sent me a text.

It read, "Good morning chipmunck. I hope your day is well. I just want to let you know I'm going out of town today and won't be back until Monday night. So I won't be able to see you for two whole days. I'm going to miss you. Remember that I love you."

I read that message over and over again. My heart pounding fast. He loves me. I know he has told me this already but will I ever get used to it?

My phone rang at that moment scaring me. Liz is calling. I slid the answer button on my phone. "Hello." I answered.

"Girl, I been trying to get a hold of you in these past two days. Why have you been ignoring my text messages?" Liz yelled through the phone.

I brought the phone back to my ears. She was yelling so loud I would have gone deaf. "Liz, calm down."