Prologue

Prologue:

It was an unusually warm day for the time of year. The sun was shining, few clouds were in the sky and the rain puddles from two days prior had already disappeared. Hermione, along with Harry and Ron, was outside. Harry and Ron were practicing for their next Quidditch game with the other Gryffindor players while she was reading a book on Time Turners and the like.

Although potentially chaotic, she still wished for time travel to be possible. Not a few mere hours, but more. Years. Maybe 10 or 20. But she knew the consequences of time travelling too far back very well; therefore, she ignored her curiosity and concentrated on reading not wishing.

Only a couple hours passed and it was already dusk. The sun was barely visible from across the mountains surrounding Hogwarts and the moon was high in the sky although not visible. New moon.

As Harry, Ron and the rest of the team made their way inside the castle for dinner, Hermione stayed outside for a few more minutes, finishing the page she was on.

Upon finishing the page, she shut the book and made her way inside too. But not halfway to the castle, she found a rather peculiar looking stone on the floor ways away from the path she was on. It wasn’t covered; it was out for all to see. She wondered why the others hadn’t seen it, but decided that they were too busy predicting that they’d win the match the Saturday after next to pay any attention at any outlandish stone.

It was a glistening silver colour if seen far away. But the closer you got, the more you noticed the light blue and white swirls covering the stone. It was as big as a hand when in a fist, and did not look smooth. It looked as if it were rough.

She was but a step away from the stone, and she felt some kind of magic being emitted from it. Unable to simply pay no attention to the stone, she took one more step towards it. She suddenly heard a whizzing sound, very similar to the sound the bludgers made when cutting across the wind. Hermione swiftly swerved out of the way as the bludger passed dangerously close to her head. She made a split second decision: get the stone and leave or just leave. Paying no mind to the bludger – which was advancing on her – she made for the stone, grabbed it in her hands, and felt an idiosyncratic pull. She opened her eyes – she hadn’t noticed she had closed them at all – and saw she was sprawled on the ground. She got up, pocketing the stone, and made her way to Professor Dumbledore’s office.

She speed walked all the way inside and through the castle. She went through secret passage ways to make her journey quicker and shorter. Hermione reminded herself to thank Fred, George and Harry for telling her about the passages. Ron wasn’t really helping her with that at all.

She kept her head down, making sure she made eye contact with no one. She stuck to the shadows and dodged many people. She was careful. Her plan worked for a while. No one suspected anything out of the ordinary. But she did suspect something was different in Hogwarts. There were many people in Hogwarts, but she recognized none of the people in the hallways. She normally met people she knew on the way to and from class. She was sure she knew most of the students’ names or faces, but these faces were foreign. Unknown.

As she neared the gargoyles guarding the headmaster’s office, she bumped into someone. She started falling but he stopped her from hitting the ground. She looked up to see who her saviour was and almost swore out loud.

She hurriedly thanked him and swiftly walked towards the gargoyles. She turned a corner and saw no one. Luckily he wasn’t following her.

“Shit. Oh, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit...” She muttered. She knew there was something queer about Hogwarts. And she knew why. It was the ’70s.

This meant she just bumped into James Potter. Who happened to be very, very good-looking. More than Harry...

Oh joy.

-----------------------------------------

Yeah.. James Potter and Hermione Granger...

And yaya!! Hermione isn't freaking out over possible being able to change the future.. yet...

We'll see...

I've got Chapter 1 and 2 written already...

Chapter 1 will be posted: 9th September.

Chapter 2 will be posted: 13th September