Detention with the Wolf

Sweet as sugar. Hard as ice. Hurt me once. I'll kill you twice.

____________________

Isaac didn't stop running until he thought he was far enough away. His stomach felt heavy inside. He felt like he'd made a big mistake. That girl had been there when she shouldn't have been.  Now she was another face the alpha pack would watch.

Although it seemed she had no problem protecting herself. Not only had she knocked two alphas to her feet almost effortlessly, but she didn't even seem human.

It was in her expression. They way her eyes had glazed over a burgundy color, the waves of black veins, and her predatory characteristics. He didn't need any more proof than that to know she was something. As a predator himself, he could spot competition easily.

None of it would have happened if he would have just listened to Scott. He was usually right. It always seemed to come down to that.

He stopped and leaned against the wall taking a moment to try and wrap his head around what had happened only moments ago. The twins were no longer his main concern. It was the girl. There was no doubt there was more to her than an ordinary girl.

He didn't know much about the supernatural. He himself had been introduced to it all not too long ago. Still, he knew she was something, maybe not a werewolf but something more than human.

Lost absently in his thoughts he hadn't noticed the assistant principle approach him. The middle-aged man tapped his foot impatiently as he failed to capture Isaac's attention. He cleared his throat until finally the teen snapped out of his daze and shot up from his position against the wall.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class, Mr. Lahey?"

Isaac froze caught off guard. "No," he gulped "Well yes but I went to the restroom."

The assistant principle nodded his head indulging the young man, "and does this look like the restroom to you, Mr. Lahey?"

Before he could come up with an excuse he was handed a yellow detention slip and he looked down at it with a frown. Lovely, he thought in frustration.

He knew he would have to go otherwise he would end up earning himself an entire week of detention. It would only be an hour. Just an hour. That's what he told himself to refrain from panicking or punching something.

"Don't let it bother you. It's just lunchtime detention if all they want right now is to piss you off then don't give in." Scott told him calmly only ten minutes later as he changed out books from his locker.

Scott stopped his lecture momentarily and Isaac looked over his shoulder to follow his friend's line of sight. A small smirk tore through his frown only for a second as he saw Lydia across the hall. It disappeared once he saw the person she was talking to.

"It's not just me," he commented amusingly as Scott watched the two.

Aiden flirted with the strawberry blonde trying to get her to go on a date with him. He was incredulous. Only 15 minutes ago he was bashing in his brother's head and trying to get Isaac in trouble.

"Now they're getting to you."

Isaac turned and left and after a moment Scott joined his side. His breathing was uneven and his jaw clenched tightly. It seemed Isaac wasn't the only one who needed a pep talk.

"I'm not the only one who was there," he decided to reveal but didn't immediately say who it was. To be honest, he didn't know her name.

"The new girl. The blonde. The British one." He added as Scott's eyes widened maniacally at him.