Prologue

Prologue

Reagen's POV

Finally. 3 years after being sent to boarding school in California, I'm back baby! I'm comin' home to Ohio! But before I go on, let me tell you my whole story before I was sent to boarding school.

My name is Reagen Evans. Before I was sent to boarding school, you could say I was categorized as "fugly." I had dark brown hair and hazel eyes but most of the time I wore glasses and always put my hair in pigtails (Yeah...I don't know what I was thinking). I was 5'6 and my skin was pale and people made fun of me because I had a lot of acne. I didn't have much confidence, so I never stood up for myself and always let people walk over me. I remember people would call me "Tree Face" because the acne on my face looked like a tree. They would say "The pimples on your cheeks are the roots, the acne on the bridge of your nose is the trunk, and all the pimples on your forehead are the tree branches!"

Yeah, I know. Harsh. But the one person who helped me get through the pain was my sister, Lauren Evans.

My sister is the complete opposite of me. She was blessed with a body of a goddess that millions of girls would die for. She was that girl that every guy at my school would look at with lust, envy, and admiration. She had naturally blonde hair with eccentric blue eyes. She literally looks like the exact replica of Candice Swanepoel, the Victoria's Secret model. (If you don't know what she looks like, look her up now haha) And that's not even it. She made Varsity Field Hockey and Varsity Soccer  her freshman year. Yeah, she's super athletic and actually really smart. She is 5'4, the perfect height. Not too tall and not too short.

I tried out for lacrosse freshman year but I got cut because I wasn't "in shape and cut out for it." Coach's words.

But anyways, my sister and I are going to be a senior this year at Oak View High School starting in two days because today (the day I'm coming home) is the 2nd to last day before summer ends and school starts.

You would think that even though my sister is basically the whole package, she would be mean or bitchy but no. She really isn't. She is the sweetest and nicest girl I know. She has helped me through all the criticism I was getting and introduced the idea of boarding school to me. She would stand up for me to the people who made fun of me. I haven't talked to her in 3 years because our phones were always taken away during school hours in boarding school and I always had a lot of things on my hands to do and I never really had much time to check my phone. If you think boarding school is easy, HA it is the exact opposite. It was a lot of work.

But I cant wait to see Lauren. I missed her so much! Hopefully, she hasn't changed much.

And now back to the present; you can definitely say I am new and improved. While I was at boarding school, I met two of the prettiest girls on campus named Tori and Christina who later became my best friends.

They put me under their wing and gave me an "extreme makeover."  

I worked out everyday and trained for lacrosse for 3 years with them. (Tori and Christina were also lacrosse players) I now have dyed dirty blonde hair with blonde highlights in it. I got contacts so my glasses were a goner. And my acne? Well after extreme exfoliating sessions for my face every week for 3 years, my face finally cleared up. I no longer have acne but rather smooth skin. And since California is known for its beautiful weather, Tori, Christina, and I would always hit the pool and beaches after we were done with school and homework. That gave me my luscious sun kissed California tan that I now have. I am still 5'6 but I accept my height now. You can say I grew a backbone in the past years after being taunted for my appearance and going through hell everyday when I lived in Ohio.

I lost 70 pounds. I used to be 210 pounds but now I am 140 lbs. Im very proud of the work I accomplished over the years.

I'm kind of worried to see everyone. I don't know how they will react to my appearance. I hope things haven't changed much in Ohio.

But anyways, I'm now on a plane to Ohio. At first, I was sad that my mom called and told me that she wants me home. I had to leave everything and everyone like Tori and Christina behind but then I realized I need to go home because I haven't seen my family in 3 years. I am also excited and nervous in what everyone's reaction will be to my "makeover."

"Your flight to Ohio has now landed. Thank you for choosing JetBlue Airlines."

Here we go. Good bye Cali, hellooooooo Ohio!

    ***********************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! Please give this book a chance... the prologue may not be the best but it will get better! I promise! And it is not cliché! Thanks. xx -urfavvv