II Magnus' P.O.V

I frowned as soon as I noticed that I was in bed alone. I knew that Alec, as a Shadowhunter, always woke up early and had to leave for training. These days, he does that more frequently because he started training Sally, I mean Simon. However, no matter how early it was, my sweet pea always woke me up to say goodbye. That's why finding him gone, without telling me, confused me.

Suddenly, the sound of glass breaking startled me, and I jumped off the bed, summoning some clothes on me as I ran towards the living room, ready to curse whoever had broken into my home.

"Maldita sea!" Hearing my boyfriend cursing in Spanish stopped me in my footsteps.

"Alec?" I asked him softly. When I entered the room, I gasped at the scene: my dear boyfriend was on his knees, surrounded by broken glass. His phone was on the floor, next to the shattered mirror, leaning against the wall. "What in Lilith's name happened here?!" I exclaimed, surprised, and concerned.

"Magnus? Did I wake you up?" Alec asked me in an almost inaudible whisper. "Sorry. I just..." His voice broke at the end, and he began crying.

"Oh, Alec!" I ran to his side and took him in my arms. I cradled his head with my hands against my chest and murmured sweet nonsense into his ear, hoping it would help him calm down. After a few minutes of doing this, my love finally stopped crying. "Are you fine now, sweet pea?" I asked him softly, not wanting to startle him.

"I am... I'll get there," his answer made me worry even more. What could have gotten him so worked up? I asked myself in my head. But when I was about to start questioning him, Max began bawling. "I'll get that."

"No, you won't," I stated firmly and strictly. "You better clean that hand soon, before it gets infected, and put an iratze on the wound. When I get back from calming our son down, I will finish healing it, and you will start explaining why my favorite mirror got turned into shreds," I ordered him, turning around before he could protest. "Hey there, little one," I shushed, taking Max into my arms. "There is nothing wrong; everything is perfect. Your daddy is just an id... he is complicated right now," I corrected myself before teaching my baby son a new word that would make Alec want to use me to practice his archery skills.

While I tried to calm Max down, I began thinking of what might be wrong with Alec. I had never seen him so angry before. The rage in his voice and eyes when I found him on the floor was so... not-Alec. If I didn't know and love my sweet pea so much, I would have been scared to death by him. And the way he broke down in tears later, the only time I've seen them like that was when Max, his brother that is, had died and later when he found me in Hell.

Wait a minute! Could it be that Isabelle is dead?! I had a small panic attack at the thought. I worked quicker into calming my son down, and when he finally returned to sleep again, I rushed towards the living room. Only to find out that Alec had done as I told him, plus putting the broken mirror and phone in the trash and having a heated conversation with an unknown someone on the line phone.

"¿Cómo puede ser que seas tan estúpida?" I recoiled at the anger I could sense behind those crude words, crude words that Alec normally never uses. But what shocked me the most was the concern and love hidden underneath the anger. My sweet pea only used that tone of voice with Isabelle, golden boy, Max, or/and me. "¿Por qué siempre tenés que hacer cosas alocadas y ponerme los nervios de punta?"

But as he continued talking in Spanish, I knew he wasn't talking to any of his siblings, which worried me even more. Who was he talking to? Why didn't he mention someone he cares about so much before? What is he hiding from me? My brain continued shooting question after question in panic, but I forced myself to breathe and calm down as soon as I noticed it happening.