You and Me

"I still remember that night distinctly..."

-8 years and 3months ago-

I stood with Megan who was extremely busy talking to her friends about how she was sure of being prom queen and stuff.

I wasn't paying attention at all.

The reason for my distraction was her.

There she stood with her curled hair falling flawlessly on her one shouldered red dress. No words were enough to describe how beautiful she looked.

Unlike most Barbie dolls in my group she had minimum make up. Something about her gorgeous face told me she was nervous.

I immediately wanted to wipe off the worry from her face. I desperately wanted to see her smile. To see if it was possible for her to look even more beautiful. Soon my prayers were answered when I saw her laugh. A full happy laugh.

She laughed at something the guy beside her said.

I instantly felt a urge inside me, wanting to be him.

She was definetely not from our school. I had never seen her. But then who was she? And what was she doing in our school prom?

I felt Megan's voice pull me out of my trance.

"Jake? Jake? Are you even listening?"

How could I when something so heavenly has blocked my vision my thoughts and all my senses? "Umm...Sorry what was it again?" I asked trying to break my stare from the gorgeous mystery.

"Ugh I said where are we all going after this?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour I saw Megan and Sam having their Dance as Prom King and Queen. I wished it could  be me and mystery girl.

I searched for her in the crowd. I saw her and for a brief moment her eyes locked with mine. She gave me a small yet breathtaking smile. I smiled back and gained some courage to walk over to her.