Silence

there was always a place you went, it was your sactuary where you could go, it was a nice place that always held different places, time periods, and different people.

The Library.

it was always your favorite place to go during school, you skipped class to go there, to read. You would skip lunch as well. You never really liked socializing, the only person you had actually talked to was a Senior named Dan. He only talked to you twice in your whole highschool life. But he always kept an eye on you though, watching what you read, watching what you did. It wasn't in a creepy way though, it was nice.

He would always smile at you, when you looked up, you would always shove you nose back into the book blushing and flustered.

One day you walked in there, going to your usual spot by the window, Dan was sitting in your spot, reading the book you were reading the day prior, "Romeo and Juliet"

(Cliché I know, but it's the only thing I could think of that everyone would know).

You walk over to your spot, looking at him intently, he looks up from the book smiling, he knew you would come over and tell him to move.

"Can I help you?" he smiled at me

you motioned for him to move

"I don't speak sign language, I'm sorry" he smirked at me, because he knew you wouldn't speak. But you had to face your antisocial ways.

"Can you move out of my spot?"

"I didn't hear a please"

"Can you please fuck off" you snapped at him, his smile faded, he got up from your spot, handing you the book.

"Here"

"Thank you"

you sit back down in your spot, continuing on with the novel you have read over 7 times just in a three month span, you can remember every word to it.

"Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change"

pure poetry, truly comes from the heart you think.

You keep reading, but you see in the corner of your eye, a small Dan looking at you.

"Can I help you?"

Dan walks over to you sitting down.

"I was just wondering...why do you come here everyday"

he looked down at you with wonder in his eyes, because he did care. You think he really did want to know why you come here, what do you tell him? that you don't have friends and you come here for silence, or that you have no one to talk to, so you talk to the librarian, and befriend a 70 year old woman.

"I come here because....I come here because.... well I don't know why" you stutter and stumble over your words because you don't want to sound lonely or like a loser.

"let me ask you the same question Dan, why are you here?"

"To see you" he was honest at least, he smiles at you, looking down at his hands. You take your book, getting up from your spot, walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from here, I need to think"

"Y/n, wait, please"

You speed out of the library, going to the washroom, you swoosh the door open, locking it behind you, much better you think to yourself. You hear quick footsteps in the hall, and you hope that he didn't knock on the door. You hear them stop, clutching your book. The footsteps shuffle a bit, but pick up, and get softer. He's gone.