.03.

Ben and Hux make their way through downtown. Hux curiously follows Ben wondering where the hell this man is taking him. Ben proudly leads them to ice cream parlor.

"I took my parents here once. They loved it." Ben comments as they enter. Hux slowly makes his way inside. He glances around taking in the small parlor. It has three tables, one already taken by a father and his daughter. The atmosphere fills Hux with a light carefree feeling. Ben gazes at the different flavors and picks one. The young teenage employee scoops it up for him and hands it to him.

"What would like, Hux?" The smaller man peers over to the flavors and chooses just a plain chocolate. As they proceed to pay Ben hands the employee the money.

"W-wait! Ben I can pay for my own." Ben smirks to him and pays for them anyway.

"I had the money anyway." He shrugs.

"I could've paid for my own! This isn't like a date, you don't have to pay." Ben begins to blush at the word date. Right, this wasn't a date. Ben was beginning to think it was for some stupid reason. It was just another stupid thought from Ben. It's not a date. Just two friends hanging out. Right.

"It's fine." He says softly. They sit down at a table and begin to eat their cones. "So, what made you want to work at the coffee shop?" Hux shrugs keeping his gaze at ice cream.

"Just need the money, I guess. They were hiring and why not?" Ben hums in response. "What about you? Like, what do you do?"

"I go to college for photography. Lately I've been thinking about going into acting. I'm not sure." Hux's eyes flicker to him in interest.

"Acting?" His eyebrow raises. Oh no. Did he sound stupid? Acting seems like a long shot. A make it or break it thing. Ben knew it was a risky thing to say.

"I-it's dumb, I know-"

"No, no! I think that's awesome. I wish I had some kind of calling like that. I have no idea what to do with my life." Hux sits back and tosses his remains of the cone into the trash. A hint of sadness fills Hux's eyes.

"I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find it." Hux blushes. They begin to talk more and more. They instantly connect. Who knew Hux would soon become a good friend. Unfortunately, the small hang out ends. Hux sits up right in alert.

"Oh, shit! I need to head back to work, my break ended fifteen minutes ago! Fuck, fuck, fuck." Hux hurriedly grabs his coat and puts it on.

"I'm so sorry. I can't believe I forgot you had to work." Ben shakes his head in embarrassment. Time flies, I guess. It was like Ben was in a whole new world when talking to him. The way Hux actually pays attention to what he says. When Hux blushes from what Ben says. God, Hux is wonderful. Ben could spend a whole day with him.

"You're fine. Please, don't blame yourself. We should really do this again sometime. Bye, Ben." Hux rushes out and he watches through the window as the small man runs back to the shop. Ben smirks and begins to make his way out.

"Bye, Hux." He whispers, mostly to himself.