An Honest Redemption

I was standing in the bathroom getting ready. Black suit and tie, white dress shirt.

There was always this feeling of clarity right before i was about to take down a target. Its supposed to make it easy er to objectify the target. Not sure why i do that, its not like I feel anything for them at this point. Don't see them as anything that deserve my empathy, they are killers and Its my job to kill them.

Buttoning my blazer as making my way out of the bathroom into the wide spaced living room. A round room with a high ceiling, neatly decorated with Victorian furniture and gold accessories. Square coffee table in the middle of the room with a neat Te set on top, and a big bouquet, perfectly set on the dark wooden table. I guess this is what some people refer to as luxurious, I'm just glad I'm leaving today. I have never liked hotel rooms.

Making my way towards one of the stairs that where on both side of the round room. The doors in between the staircases open revealing a man was standing in the doorway. 5'9 maybe 5'10, black expensive suit, light brown hair, short and a bit curly, good looking features. He smiled, then ran straight for me with incredible speed like they all have.

Hes a amateur, running straight into someone from that distance, even if you're fast gives to much time for your opponent to get out of the way, its not like you can turn or stop very fast in a full sprint. Right before he hits i shift to the side, leaving no time for him to grab me as he flies past, the man making priceless face as he missed and crashed into the bathroom door, not stopping, hitting the tiled bathroom wall in full speed. You see physics apply to vampires to, If you are running in 40km/h, stopping will take some time on hardwood floor, the wall seemed to do the trick though.

I make my way to the bathroom, removing the blazer and tie. Stumbling out of the bathroom he quickly found his bearings seeing me. He swung, wide left hook. Widening my stance shifting weight onto the back leg, I lean just out of range, feeling his knuckles almost grazing my chin as he misses. My left extended straight forward as to touch him, giving me a feel for the distance between us. I explode of my back leg, rotating into him as my right hand flies off my shoulder like a piston.
A sickening crunch echoes into the room as my knuckles shatter his jaw. His knees give way, eyes rolling back into his head, catching himself onto one knee, desperately trying to stay conscious.

Trying to raise his head in time to see the next attack coming. My foot connects with his chest sending him flying back into the bathroom, kicking up a cloud of dust as he crashes into the wall, tiles falling down hitting his legs and head.

In a dazed scramble he gets to his feet, his jaw hanging down, dripping blood onto his white dress shirt. His eyes snap up towards me and he freezes, staring into the barrel of a gun pointed straight at him.  Holding the gun level to his face, i squeeze the trigger. Opened his mouth to say something the hammer of the gun slams down, and a deafening explosion fills the room. The wall behind him now painted red, the familiar smell of gunpowder as smoke leaves the barrel, the room falling quiet.
His legs buckle, like a marionette that had its strings cut, he crumbles to the floor.

Holstering the gun as i bend down and pick up the casing, i spin around and grab my blazer. Worst room service Ive ever had, didn't even knock. Frowning as i leave the room, that was not my target. This is really bad.
Sliding into the blazer as i make my way into the hallway lined with doors, red carpet and black walls. My door being in the far end since it was the grand suite. Luckily it was empty.

I made my way to one of the two elevators, one being on its way up. It was probably full of his friends. Sighing as I walked over to the other elevator, it was on the bottom floor, and I was at the 24th. Looking over at the monitor for the other elevator, 10, 11, 12th floor.

I guess there was only one way out.

I wedged my fingers in between the steel elevator doors slowly prying them open. Leaning forward slightly, I look down the shaft. 24 stories is a long way down. Jumping out into the elevator shaft, grabbing one of the steel cables, I began the slow process of sliding my way down.

My hands getting grease all over them as well as my suit. Its almost pitch dark, the only light coming from small gaps between the elevator doors on each floor. Grease and dust filling the air.

The other elevator passed me on the way down somewhere around floor 22. The elevator doors had shut behind me so it should take them some time to figure out where I went.

Made my way down to floor 1 where the elevator was standing still. They must have stopped it. Silently landing onto the elevator, I looked up into the other shaft. The other elevator seems to stay still at the top, I couldn't see it but there was no motion in the cables and I could not hear it moving. I crouched on top of the elevator slowly locating the cables in the shaft in front of me. It was about 5 meters, shouldn't be a problem.

Jumping into the other shaft grabbing a hold of the steel cables, I started making my way down even further down to the garage level, stopping in front of the doors.

There was a 5 cm wide ledge under the door, It was not much to land and balance on but It was all I had. Have to jump and land on the ledge, then balance on it wile I get the doors open, miss and there was a 2 floor drop, It wouldn't kill me, but i would most likely get caught, which was the same as death. Inhaling slowly, eyes focused on the ledge, I relaxed my body and jumped.

My feet connect with the ledge, arms out to the side trying to balance, holding my breath as my toes desperately cling to the edge. I stand still for a second before exhaling, leaning forward into the door.  I force my fingers into the space between the doors, bending them open, taking a revealed step into the empty garage. My confident steps echoed out into the deserted garage, finding my car, gray metalic color, a Toyota Corolla iM. Changed into my spare clothes, throwing everything into a plastic bag in the trunk before getting in and starting the car. It roared to life, the garage amplifying the engines growl as the sound bounced between the concrete walls. I slapped it into gear and took off.